2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
European Prestige and Class - A true BMW / MB / LR
By Vinod on 02/17/06 22:51 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my VW Touareg V8 after doing a lot of research and testing all the competitors, like the Mercedes-Benz ML 350, Land Rover LR3, BMW X5, and Volvo XC90 V8. The Touareg impressed me the most with its excellent handling (you can do 60 mph round a tight bend and feel totally in control), excellent handling, superb V8 engine, lots of cool technology and excellent VW customer service. Of late, VW has taken a real hit with the customer service, but they must have learned, because the service I received was exemplary. I only have 600 miles on the clock, but it must be said that the VW drives like a dream. My only minor complaint would be the use of too much technology.

Awesome!
By Keith Rigdon on 02/15/06 08:20 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I am very impressed with the VW Touareg V6. Having owned many American model cars the Touareg provides my family and I with a sense of security and reliability when compared to its counterparts. The Touareg is a wonderful vehicle to drive. In fact, I am considering purchasing another Touareg.

Best SUV Out There!
By vwdriver on 02/06/06 12:51 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The 2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 has a great ride on city roads and highways. It handles like a car. It's very comfortable for long trips. I haven't taken it off road, but I can't wait to see what this baby can do. It also has more cargo space than its competitors! I love its design, this SUV definitely stands out from the rest, it's great vehicle.

Having Fun Yet? You Bet!
By valynda on 01/24/06 11:27 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We purchased the V8 Touareg as a replacement vehicle. I had previously owned a 2003 Pathfinder LE and found it to be a nice balance of sport and luxury. At first glance, I thought the Touareg was a little over the top, with all its fancy bells and whistles, but my husband convinced me to give it a try and I have been more than pleased. I have already taken it on two lengthy road trips and found it surprisingly pleasant to drive long distances. Its fuel economy is severely lacking, but the driving experience is worth it if you're not hung up on the high price of gas these days. I highly recommend the air suspension, if only to make your kids go "Oooooh!" and "Aaaaaah!!" It's great off road, too!

Touareg Rocks!
By BuilderDude on 01/23/06 19:33 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my 2006 Touareg V6 for a little over a week and I is a great SUV. I test drove every high end sedan and SUV and the Touareg beats them hands down. The quality, ride and comfort can't be beat. I've also not seen another Touareg on the street since delivery and I love that. I've owned VW's back in the early '80's and I had forgotten how well they are engineered. Don't by a Mercedes, buy a Touareg.

Jeep Driver, Loves New Touareg!
By sbcs on 01/07/06 22:15 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've had my '06 Volkswagen Touareg V8 about a month and love it. I originaly was going for a V6, a quick ride in the V8 however had me sold. It is smooth and fast. All the comforts I expected from the first look. I like technical stuff and this car is loaded, except for the navigation system. Every few days I find some cool new feature (like the wine cooler glv box). I highly recommend reading the manual as there are many things you need to know to get the full value of the car as well as prcautions, like; don't keep the power steering fully turned for more than five seconds. Driving on mountain roads is a dream, it sticks like glue. It is so smooth that under 25 mph you don't even feel like your moving. Use care approaching stop signs ;)

Beautiful, but Ugly Gas Mileage
By snowboarder on 01/06/06 21:45 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I love the truck...but I am finding some of the features difficult to use like the trip computer and even the a/c. The Volkswagen Touareg drives awesome though and makes up for the few shortcomings stated above. I haven't taken it up to the mountains yet, but I intend to go up next weekend and I will write another review at that time. Oh, I almost forgot about the terrible gas mileage 13 mpg. VW needs to offer the Touared in front wheel drive to improve the gas mileage.

My Year with VW
By louis novak on 01/05/06 10:27 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I love the Touareg. It's great on the highway, easy to manouver, has outstanding visability, and good pick-up. I hate the radio and reception though. It isabsolutely unacceptable and unable to be improved by the service department.

This SUV Deserves Much Better
By H. Klingenberg on 11/28/05 18:54 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car deserves much better reviews from the so-called experts. I find it to be an ideal size, easy to get in and out, nothing rattles, the tolerances in the body work are amazingly tight, and the paintwork is flawless. Also the chrome, beautiful wheels and an interior matche Mercedes-Benz any time. The list of standard equipment is comprehensive, you hardly need anything else. Off-Road work on our ranches is no problem at all, with high and low 4wheel drive and locked differentials and on road driving is a pleasure.

Love the Touareg
By ellie on 11/25/05 14:19 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Consumer Reports gave the Touareg V6 low ratings. Their reviews citing "sluggishness" do not consider the tiptronic shifting or "superdrive" options. It is not a racecar, but its performance is more than adequate. Also, I get 19-20mpg in 7,500-8,700ft mountainous terrain using high quality oil; it's as good or better than comparable SUVs. Ice and snow on steep hills -- no problem; the Toureg outperforms our Subaru Outback on ice because of the locking differential and torque. The heated seats sure do help on cold mornings. For driving performance, there is very little lean around corners; I feel safe while driving and would recommend this truck to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.