2006 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Great Vehicle
By B.A.S. on 12/26/06 19:12 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I am a very picky person and I scrutinize my choices very closely and this one passed all of my tests. The interior and exterior design is superb and, being a VW, is about as high-quality as you can get for less than $100,000. It drives great, although the V6 is a bit anemic when pulling my 6,000 lb. trailer, but then again, what other V6 SUV can tow up to 7,700 lbs.? it is very comfortable (I got package 1 with mine) and the tranny shifts very smoothly. The fuel economy leaves something to be desired, I average 19 mpg with about 40% city/60% hwy driving, but it is better than what the EPA says it is (a typical VW trait) and is not bad for an SUV. It, like all VWs, is very reliable. Buy one!

Luxury and High Tech Performance!
By Elizabeth on 12/14/06 08:52 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is an exceptionally high-quality vehicle! I am very pleased with its handling, the quality of the interior, the durability, and the features. VW has really stepped up and provided buyers with a luxury SUV that drives like a luxury car, but has a "Sport" mode which gives it a much sportier drive feel as well. The cargo space is very functional and taller than most other mid-size SUVs that I tested, which is ideal for a large dog! :) The features are almost unsurpassed and even the 2007 Benz doesn't offer several features that the 2006 VW Touareg provides (I know because my friend brought home a brochure). I had a Benz SUV before the Touareg and the Touareg outshines it. The Touareg is a very pleasant surprise!

Very Good Car, Very Happy
By gerhard schonian on 11/27/06 07:03 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The Touareg's style is very nice. It has a very roomy interior.

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8
By Harald Konheiser on 11/21/06 09:15 AM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have driven many SUVs and this one is by far the best. I just love it. It is very fun to drive! Unfortunately my dealer's "after sale" support has been poor!

Touareg
By Corey on 11/11/06 13:22 PM (PST)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The vehicle overall is fantastic. It performs great, is comfortable and has all the creature comforts anyone needs. The gas mileage is awful in my V8. Reports said that it should have averaged 16-17, but I have never gotten 17 except on long trips. I average 13- 14 overall. But my biggest complaint is spending $50,000+ on a vehicle and having it in the shop a half dozen times for electrical issues. VW was supposed to have this issue solved, but apparently no one told the folks that are still making the vehicle!

Touareg in Fort Worth
By CowtownTouareg on 08/19/06 11:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My Touareg's gas mileage is OK, about 16 city and 20 highway. The V6 engine is smooth, quiet, and accellerates well, though it frequently upshifts. The leather interior quality is superb. It's quiet and comfortable. It has Package 4 including the upgraded stereo (fantastic) and navigation, which I'm addicted to. Overall I think the Touareg is a great vehicle and I would buy one again. It's the best SUV I've owned and feels very safe, which it is. My next Touareg may be a V8. It's frequently more than 100 degrees here in the summer and the A/C works extremely well and cools the car very quickly, and mine is black with tan leather. The rear view camera in the navigation system works great, even at night. It is a real lifesaver!

The Perfect SUV
By Steven on 07/28/06 17:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My VW Touareg is just awesome. It drives like a car on the highway. It hits high speeds with no trouble at all. It is better than a car because it is also one of the best off roading SUV ever made. It is just a great SUV! The V8 engine is lots of fun to drive! It has a great transmission with sport mode, which is great for passing.

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8
By joan on 07/21/06 10:21 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My Touareg has been great! I purchased it to transport my two Labs. It has been great for moving college kids and highway travel. It's very comfortable, and I love all the special toys. My only disappointment has been the gas mileage. I've never driven a vehicle that didn't get good gas mileage. Because it's a V8, I only get 18 mpg on the highway.

Loving it!
By Muji on 07/19/06 07:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Touareg three week ago, and I absolutely love it. Itís fun to drive, and it feels great. The interior is second to none. I considered several other SUVís in itís class, and the Touareg's interior was far superior. I do however, wish that it had slightly quicker acceleration, which I hear is obtainable with the V8. I also would have liked to have had an optional third row seat. The Toureg is more spacious than some of its competitors as a result of leaving the third row out. So, thatís a toss up. Even with the three rows down in some of the other SUVíS it felt congested. There is no congestion in the Toureg. The only downside to purchasing the Touareg is the frequent trips to refuel. GO FOR IT.

Professional and Sharp
By MARGARET ADEBAYO on 07/13/06 21:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Volkswagen Touareg V6 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The Volkswagen Touareg is a strong and fast truck. It handles the road with ease. The brakes and safety features are great. The only thing I dislike about this truck is its poor gas mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.