2005 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Review: Piece of CRAP car

2005 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

Piece of CRAP car
By lesbeck on

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I would not recommend this car to anyone who is not a millionaire with money to burn and likes to have their car in the shop at least once a month. We bought this car brand new, zero miles on it and had to bring it into the shop within the first month. It was all downhill from there. Every mechanical piece on the car was replaced under warranty (which we extended to five years immediately) except for the motor, which I am sure would run forever while all the other peices of the car fall off all over the road. Sadly, I had to buy a back-up car so I had something reliable to go to work in and had to carry a battery for the key in my purse, because you never knew when the car would not unlock.

I LIKED that the leather seats were so comfortable that on long trips, I felt better getting out of the car than when I got in it at the start of the trip. I LOVED the deep blue color. I liked the body style of this model. I liked that when I pressed on the gas, that it would turn heads

Lower the price. A crappy car that needs so much money in maintenance and repair should not be priced so high. How about fixing the transmission so it actually WORKS with the V8 that is in it.