2005 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Review: Love it, but...

2005 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

V8 4dr SUV (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Love it, but...
By Cody H on

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my VW new with only 13 miles on it. I have to say, I love this car, I like how it drives and the pure power. The only down side are the brakes and tires. I had the first set of tires replaced at 8700 miles under the tire warranty, I still had to pay $220.00. Then the brakes at 15000 miles, that was $600.00. Now at 27000 miles I need another set of tires. For some reason the car loves to wear out the tires. I take it to the VW dealer every 5000 miles for its oil change and tire rotation. So a car that is two years old with 27000 miles has a new set of brakes and rotors, and on it's third set of tires. Be prepared to spend some money!

Love the remote locks, nav system, climate control is always right on. Oh and the power!! Love the V8, only way to go.

Fix the tire problem and the brakes. Why does a $50K auto need to eat up tires and brakes? That's it, love the car!