2005 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Review: Good Value

2005 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

V8 4dr SUV (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Good Value
By PGal on

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Solid, well made German SUV with good handling for the most part. V8 gas mileage is a blended 15. Always has been hesitant off the line, but plenty of power once you are moving, great feel for a driver. Comfortable, well designed. Like the look, like the drive. Interior leather, wood appointments nice, luxury feel. For the money, this is a good luxury SUV, same new platform as Porsche Cayenne. Mechanically well built and doesn't wear out.

Went through 3 sets 19' tires then found better wear continental,brakes pads rotors all are very exp-VW needs to address.GPS awkward,outdated.No ability to add IPOD/MP3 unless you unhooked CD changer. Headlights can flicker off no warning. Carpet clasps pull off, side mirrors stick out and break, expens.
By silkyluv
on 06/15/11 12:10 PM (PDT)

This truck has been nothing but problems for me since I purchased. I have had to replace transmission head light every 6 months. Peeling around the radio. Now they're telling me the fuel pump is messed up. I wish I wouldnt have never purchased this truck. The dealership has done nothing to help the situation. This is a true lemon and if you want a good reliable truck don't purchase this one they don't stand behind their product............. Touareg is a straight lemon................