Used 2005 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Touareg

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

VW Touareg V8 - Awesome
By florha

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love my Touareg. It runs well my only complaint would be the periodic engine light coming on. The dealer is great. I really love this truck.

Touareg V6
By Luigi

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have enjoyed the handling and comfortable feel of this truck, especially on bumpy roads. It is firm and solidly built. The driveshaft gave up at 17,056 miles of smooth highway driving though.

Favorite Features

The steering wheel. It has a better feel compared to other SUVs on the market. I like the impressive looks and luxury amenities. I wish I could afford the V8 model.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the fuel economy. Have a hybrid or hydrogen powered model. Extend the wheel base to add a third seat. Improve the reliability by employing stricter quality control on parts used to put the vehicles together. Try to reduce its weight.

Fun to Drive, Annoying Quirks
By ryan

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for a year and a half and it is a blast to drive. It begs "drive me faster." The keyless entry is great. The beeps are so anoying though, like the selt belt, passenger air bag off, and others. If I run into a store my wife has to bucle the seatbelt to make it stop dinging. The VW service department where I purchased my car is terrible. I needed new tires after only 6,000 miles, and my car can't stay aligned. So it has great performance, but the misc. problems make me want to sell it.

Favorite Features

The engine noise and how it's easy for my wife to zip around in.

Suggested Improvements

Give it less dinging and use better trim components that hold up to wear.

2005 Touareg
By jklancaster

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a preowned 2005 Touareg with 8,000 miles on it. So far I have put on 2,000 miles in two months and I have truly enjoyed this machine. It has everything that I want in an SUV. I highly recommend the '05 model year.

Favorite Features

The engine, interior styling, and navigation.

Good SUV
By Eric

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought the 2005 VW Touareg one year ago and it has not failed to live up to my expectations. The handling is great and the interior is above average. I like the interior because it looks like a spaceship. The only thing that needs to be improved upon is when you push the gas it will shake a bit and as always the gas millage should be improved (450 till empty when you actually get 300 miles a tank).

Favorite Features

The interior and the outside apperance.

Suggested Improvements

Make the back cargo space a little bit bigger and improve on gas millage. Navigation should be standard not extra.