Used 2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

Just what I wanted
By Yevgeniy

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

When I saw Touareg first time on a car show, I knew that I would own it. I fell in love with it right away. Although I knew that I should wait a year or two before buying just to see that all the minor problems/defects and recalls will be fixed. So in 2005 finally got it. My choice was a V-6 with package 5, which includes all options, such as air suspension, navigation, etc. Exterior color is black, interior is beige. So after 1 1/2 years and 30K miles I still enjoy every minute I spend driving it. The only downside - fuel economy. Even for V-6 and a large gas tank, you will spend quite a bit of money on gas. Other then that it is perfect car. My wife has a VW as well and loves it too.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design. Build quality. Long range drive is easy and fun. Sound quality. Controls access.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage.

The best SUV I've ever driven!!
By Ted

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is hands down the best SUV I have ever driven. I considered 8 others and the Touareg is the best SUV for the money. It's not a "soccer mom" car. It's an SUV that's fun to drive, has lots of options and drives like a car. I recommend this vehicle if you like quality and performance.

Buy new or used, it's awesome!
By boomervandal

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this SUV 10/05 after looking at MB500. VW is so much quieter. No problems in 18k miles! I love this vehicle and its durability, wear and tear. Everyone who has sat in it wants to borrow it when additional space is needed - they'd buy but can't afford it. Great family car - whether you have kids or just a dog like me! So much fun in the winter and summer! Definitely will buy another after this hits higher miles.

Favorite Features

Dash, heated/comfort of seats, heated steering wheel, AWD, tilting mirrors, electrochromatic mirrors, sound system.

Suggested Improvements

6 CD changer in dash, better tires, tow package standard, easier folding seats.

Buy Something Else
By marlok

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is by far the best looking SUV on the road and it stops there. VW went wrong or someone did not follow how an SUV is supposed to last. The brakes are a big problem. You will replace them every 5,000 miles and it will cost you $600 or more to have them repaired. An oil change can cost you upwards of a $150 due to the design of getting to the oil pan. Everything goes wrong with this SUV. Stay away from the Touareg.

Favorite Features

The lights at night are the best.

Suggested Improvements

Everything from improve the gas mileage to the brakes. This vehicle is very poor for a VW.

My VW
By daniel

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My Touareg is two years old now and it still looks brand new. It has a very nice ride. I love the heated seats in the winter.

Favorite Features

This truck has very comfortable seats and I love the blue and red dash lights at night.