2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Luxury and ruggedness in one
By suvfan on 03/10/06 07:47 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This thing has been great both on and off road. Very reliable and comfortable. I looked at a lot of luxury SUVs in this class and as far as ride comfort and interior material quality this is by far the best. Towing capacity is great for a vehicle this size. If you don’t need third row seating, this is the vehicle to get.

Excellent SUV
By fadious on 03/01/06 17:20 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I like the Touareg. It has been very reliable and has lots of luxury items that would have cost an extra $20,000 in a BMW or a MercedesBenz.

Volkswagen Touareg
By roshie on 02/12/06 09:46 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My Volkswagen Touareg is fun to drive. It has a great turn radius and power when you want it. It has a luxurious interior with nice fit and finish and good size. My truck has needed no service other than oil changes. Everything worked great right out of the showroom. I would purchase one again!

One of the Best SUVs Available
By Siegfried Grimm on 01/26/06 16:14 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The Volkswagen Touareg may not be the fastest in its class, it does not get the best fuel economy, but it is well built and reliable. Those are important features to me.

don't be Fooled
By jonathan on 01/09/06 20:40 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My 2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 is a great looking vehicle with much appeal. After that it is all downhill. The Touareg is built very poorly and VW's customer service is the worst. The VW service center admits that many Touareg owners are extremely unhappy. Stay away! the BMW X5 is a great alternative.

Poor Man's Porsche......
By Peter H. on 01/04/06 08:56 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2005 Volkswagen Touareg in July of 2005, just before the fuel prices hit the roof. So going into this from a Passat was a wallet killer, but I found if I turn off the anti-slip feature I get about 20-23mpg. I feel that this vehicle sat in the lot for a while, the paint on this vehicle is way below what you'd expect for a SUV listing at $39,000 and that the dealership just wanted to get rid of it. But besides the dealer, I am very happy with the vehicle. It does great in the snow and ice and its such a mile eater on the highway I never feel tired after driving a few hundred miles at a time, its very refreshing. I wish it came with air conditioned seats, especially for the summer. Overall this is a great vehicle.

I Needed a Quick Vehicle
By RayRam on 01/03/06 15:10 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

In Germany and without a car, I looked and tested just about every vehicle available. My main concern was the wait, most dealers were talking about a 10 to 12 week wait, something I could not afford. I told them I'd buy something I liked and wanted but it had to be for immediate delivery. After seeing and testing about 40 cars between Audi, BMW, Mercedes and VW, I decided to go for the 2005 VW Touareg. I got a pretty good deal to include a 6 year 75K mile extended warranty. It is the only Blue Silver Metallic Touareg around here where we live. My only problem was getting used to its AWD after driving a Honda Odyssey for 5 years. I like the looks and the interior is superb.

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8
By MATT MCGLASHEN on 01/01/06 22:49 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle has been trouble free for me, a concern with so many electronic/mechanical options, so that is good. Build quality is very good, seams are tight, everything fits well. The interior is very upscale and impresses everyone. The sound of the V8 is very sporty, many have made comments on that. The downside, the navigation system lacks detail, street names ect. I am hoping for an software update-please hear me VW! It works fine though in a basic way. The rear seat could use a little more footroom and headroom. My brother, who is a large guy, says it's hard to get in and out of,either front or back. I love the sporty driving, towing ability, acceleration and looks.

Truly Enjoy This Vehicle
By Robert on 12/27/05 14:24 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the Volkswagen Touareg V6 for six months, and have had absolutely no problems. The vehicle is quiet, comfortable, and handsome. I do have a problem with the chimes indicating that the seat belt is not being used, or that the door is open, etc. I find it downright maddening. When I leave the car running and my wife is waiting as the passenger, she has to buckle my seatbelt to stop the chimes. VW needs to overhaul the system and cut down on the decibles.

Wow, I wasn't expecting this!
By KevinT on 12/24/05 10:55 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Trading up from a mini-minivan (Mazda MPV) I can't stop having so much fun. Although I've got the V6 it still performs well. From the line it's not quite a Corvette, but I've left some V8s wondering if the V6 badge was a mistake. The Touareg looks like a million bucks as well and is treated to a weekly car wash in all weather. To see so many people pointing, and even though I can't read lips saying..."oh, look theres that new Touareg!" is a treat. This baby hugs the asphalt as if it's attached! Try for the V8, but the V6 is still just as fun and well enough equipted to keep your adrenaline going!