Used 2005 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

Pretty with Flaws
By cabulldog

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I really shopped around before purchasing my Touareg. My black exterior really gets people's attention, and my passengers LOVE the interior. BUT, my tires wore out quickly, gas mileage sucks, get-up-and- go doesn't exist without putting it in S, or manual. Radio ate my CD, can't get it back. Passenger mirror doesn't always tilt when backing up. Rubber on inside driver's side door is peeling. Seat belt dinger... can anyone say ANNOYING? Automatic windshield wipers can scare the crap out of you on a sunny day... they'll scape across the window without notice.

Looks great, comfortable front heated seats.

Better quality stereo (give me my CD back!). Fix tire and break wear problem. Improve gas mileage.

It's a Keeper
By SanDeigoTouareg

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

It's been almost 3 years with my Touareg... it's a keeper. Granted, you cannot be a person on a tight budget for an SUV like this, but it's worth every penny in price, maintenance, and fuel. I truly feel like I can go wherever my heart desires with the Touareg. Yeah, brakes and tires require changing more frequently than expected, but it's a worthwhile trade-off for the performance and amenities on this SUV. Highly recommended. The key is to make sure you can afford to maintain it. If you cannot afford to maintain it, don't buy it. If you can, you will love it.

Parking sensors, motorized fold-in mirrors, seat and mirror setting memory, auto-darkening rear view mrror, AWD, adjustable/removable roof rack, great sound system, auto-sensing windshield wipers, and so much more!

Navigation system, brake life, acceleration from stop, CD changer up front (vs in the back).

Great Vehichle
By Sandeep

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

THis is our 2nd touareg. The 1st one was a buyback because of electrical problems that were never ending. However, we still loved the car and agreed to take a replacement Touareg. The 05 Touareg has met all our expectations is probaly the nicest SUV we saw while we were looking to make our purchase. We compared it to the BMX X5 and X3, Lexus, etc. However kept coming back to it. Even after our initial lemon Touareg, this is still our favourite vehicle and am glad we stuck with it. The 05' has been problem free since we have had it.

Bi-xenon lights, MP3 player. STABILITY! We have gone through some close calls and cannot believe how well it handles. Awesome in snow and off road. Better than any other SUV we test drove.

Gas mileage. Eats gas like I drink water. It's painful with todays gas prices. It wasn't this bad when we purchased it, but the new higher gas prices are hurting the wallet.

Touaregs are tops
By Mike Bronkowski

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The best vehicle I have ever owned. Great looking inside and out. You feel safe and secure inside it. A joy to drive. Great handling, perky engine and powerful drivetrain, solid construction, roomy interior (front seats) cozy seats and a smooth ride. Going to the gas pump often is offset by the car performance.

The automatic and self adjustable suspension system. Put it in sport on those mountain roads and this SUV hugs and zooms aroudn the curves. Put it in comfort mode and enjoy a cushiony ride. Great feature.

The transmission occasionally seems to slip a bit from 1st to 2nd if you are indecisive and baby the gas pedal (it wants to go!).

Great Ride!
By MATT MCGLASHEN

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It gets about 15 mpg , not bad for a V8 and heavy vehicle. Great drive, great audio system, very luxurious inside. There have been several reliability issues, but I think after 2004 many things have been fixed. The power window switches are white plastic, painted black, the paint comes off easily. The air suspension had a new compressor put in at 22,000 miles and the tires are getting work out (19" Pirellis), gonna try Michelin next. A seatbelt seized up in the rear, and one headlight had a bad connection. I still love this car! It gets lots of compliments.

Good looking design inside and out, good power and handling. Great audio system, decent milege for the size, great wheels (19"). Great towing.

Tires that wear longer, a better navigation system (with street names), bluetooth connectivity, iPod adaptors, oil changes that aren't $300 from the dealer... synthetic oil is great, but not that great. Dealers' service departments need to be upgraded, and the warranty should be 100,000 miles

• SUV