2005 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Vdub SUV
By John Barna on 08/15/06 05:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Volkswagen Touareg is one of the best vehicles on sale today!

Great Truck
By cknudsen on 07/19/06 14:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a great truck. It drives great and very comfortable. It's not like any other SUV. It handles better than most cars. I manage to get about 19-20 mpg on the highway. It's no econo-car, but it's not too bad considering. Compare that to a Lincoln Navigator. If you want to drive this vehicle in anything other than gas-miser mode (or pass someone), you need to switch the transmission from "D" to "S" or shift manually.... which is fine for me considering current gas prices.

Volkswagen vs. Ferrari
By WOZ on 07/12/06 19:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I had a truly amazing experience with the VW Touareg. I own two Ferrari 360 Spyders and I still love my Touareg's performance and comfort. I am a huge off-roader and the Touareg handles like a soft carpet throughout the toughest of terrains (e.g. Swiss Alps Ugust 2005). However, I also love to race on tracks and I raced a Toureg against its "cousin", the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, and I ended up winning topping out over 175 mph.

I would buy another!
By shannywilson on 07/03/06 18:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my VW Touareg V6 in Oct. '05 after driving Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Volvo, Toyota, you name it, I drove it. I was not a fan of VW vehicles until I sat in this ONE! I am now looking for a toy car, but don't want to give up driving this EVERY day! I can't imagine owning any other SUV. I will buy this again when a new body style comes out AND only after this has lots more miles! I highly recommend driving this and BUYING this truck!

Worth Every Penny
By Worth the Wait on 05/09/06 16:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Touareg new in October of 2005. I traded in my leased loaded up '03 GTI VR6 for the creme de le creme of VW's. I haven't had really any problems with it. I just wish I would've opted for the V8 to get some more ump once I press the accelerator. I would recommend this vehicle to any and everyone that likes to own vehicles that are not everywhere you look, i.e Grand Cherokees, Explorers, X5's, RX's, etc.

Best looking SUV on the road today
By Clipper on 04/28/06 03:15 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We have not had one single problem with this vehicle. We love it. it's a great looking SUV.

Steer Clear
By D.Ryder on 04/21/06 12:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2005 Touareg due to VW's reputation of quality and safety. At 1,200 miles it started to make horrible metal on metal sounds from the transmition that the dealership could not duplicate because once the transmition would warm up it would stop. Starting at 2,200 miles the headlights would occasionally decide to take a break. Again the dealership said all was well. Finally at 4,400 miles the SRS Airbag system failed. According to the dealership this means they will not deploy in a collision. The earliest time they would be able to repair it, but it would take two weeks. So it sits in the garage until then.

Great Truck with Bad Acceleration
By noodlezz on 04/18/06 12:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I'm very happy with this SUV. I get a lot of compliments on it and it drives beautifully. I do wish I had gotten a V8 (pun intended!) as the acceleration of the V6 model is poor. There have been a few issues with the transmission where, at low speeds, it will knock. I've also experienced a few weird electric issues, such as the radio ate my CD and the speakers make a popping sound when I arm and disarm the alarm.

Do Not Buy
By JLCJR on 04/10/06 17:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I was very satisfied with the dealer and the vehicle until today. I have 15k miles on my vehicle and the tires have already worn completely out. They are Dunlop 8000's. They dealer has said that they have had major issues with these...Some people are only gettin 12k miles. I called VW about it and they said that they would give me ONE tire. What a slap in the face. They will not stand behind their product. Do yourself a favor and buy a Porsche, BMW, Lexus, or Merecedes. They are known as luxury vehicles for a reason. They stand behind their cars and they give great customer service. I will say that the dealership has really stood up for me, but I will never buy another VW.

Awesome
By Alecia Riley on 03/21/06 18:57 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Touareg, this is the fifth VW that I have owned. I have moved up a little bit each time. I started out with a Beetle and now own a Touareg. I love to drive it. People stop me all the time and ask if they can look in it. They can't believe that VW makes a SUV that look that good and has so many options standard. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a SUV.