2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Quality, Comfort and Looks
By aztrader on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I spent weeks going over Carlike SUV's and was debating between the VW, Volvo or Acura. The Volvo was too much money with the V-6 engine, but a very nice ride, the Acura had the power, but the interior felt cheap, but the VW, had the luxurious interior and loads of power with the V-8. My only complaint is the gas mileage. Very fun to drive.

BEAUTIFUL
By MYMAL on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is absolutely beautiful all around. unique design in and out, with a gorgeous interior (have it in the Teak color & blk exterior, V8). Very quiet drive for an suv, amazing with the air suspension, feels like a sports car in the handling, has options galore included with the V8 model. I love it and have not had any problems at all. Would definitely appreciate better fuel economy, an auto-trunk open and close (b/c it's heavy) but otherwise very pleased with the VW Touareg!

Purchased October, 2003
By whatsnaname on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The refinement, styling and attention to details is what makes me appreciate this car the most. But it is also fast, very fun to drive and versatile enough to take off road or drive to the opera. On the negative: gas mileage is around 14 mpg, I wore through my OEM Continentals in less than 20K miles, and have had a couple of quirky electronic or mechanical problems that have not recurred. Once you learn the subtlties of the "convenience package" it is great to be able to customize the features and settings that are usually factory defaults on other cars.

Shopping
By WForgacs on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I had been shopping for a SUV for a couple of years and narrowed my search to a Land Rover. My plan was to purchase a 2001 with low mileage. I had tested many with low mileage and was buying based on pedigree and comfort. I was intrigued with VW, it had many good reviews and one day decided to drive the SUV having minimal expectations. I was surprised at the finish, quality, performance, and overall impression of the car. The 6 had enough power for my needs and in my mind decided to confirm my impression with further research. 2 months later I purchased my car. I love the car it s awesome. I canít say anything to anyone about the SUV that would change this opinion. It handles like my 320 BMW

Best SUV
By hwb on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned many cars and suvs (mercedes, porsche, range rover, bmw,lexus,etc.) It takes a lot in a car to impress me and I can say that this is the most impressive SUV and one of the most impressive vehicles I have ever owned. The build quality and performance are great. It is a vehicle that may not have the eminence of a range rover, but the range rover wishes it could perform all around as well as this vehicle does. Yes there are a few flaws: like no third row and the smelly messy diesel pumps. This is by far one of the best if not the best suv on the planet. you get all of this with an average fuel economy of 22mpg. VW did their homework.

Exceptional Vehicle
By Vega on 10/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Recieved a custom order 2005 fully loaded V8. This SUV is built solid like a brick. I have 500 miles on it now and it did not have a SINGLE problem wrong with it, not even a hairline scratch on the paint. The car is absoulutely silent, no rattles. Performance on the V8 is great. I am amazed at how fast the V8 gets this heavy vehicle moving at all speeds. It took a while just to read through all of the gadgets and gizmos and find out how everything operates. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. While not as pure fun to drive as my last vehicle, a C5 Corvette, the Touareg just provides the year round whole package. VW has hit the ball out of the park when it comes to the Toaureg.

Highway to mountains
By clemmy on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I spent months looking for the perfect blend of "go any where ability, performance handling and speed, towing capacity (business expense), front leg room, and all with a luxury interior. No other vehicle comes close in the price range. The Touareg is every bit the vehicle as the Cheyene S for about $17,000 less. Can't wait to trade mine in for the V10 Diesel.

the only vehicle I have ever liked
By Bsmith on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

the Touareg, After I got over the silly and awkward name. I found my Touareg to be everything I never thought an automobile could be. The fit and finish was not that of what traditionally has been the $40,000 suv but only found in higher priced luxury SUVs!!! It took me some time to build up the gall to test the offroad capabilities. Because I have the adjustable air suspension I have been able to outperform my friend's H2!!!! this vehicle has changed my view of Volkswagen!

Strong German Engineering
By mikeramirez on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After a lot of thought and quite a few tests, we decided to get the Touareg (instead of the Cayenne or the Chevy Tahoe). We are really happy with it. It feels really strong on the highway (great comfort) and specially agile in city driving. Ours (2005 version) is definitely NOT short on power (240hp) as some people said about the 2004 Touareg (220hp). Of course, it responds quickly to the gas pedal, but bear in mind that you are not driving a Mini :) Fuel consumption is about 20mpg on average, much better than we initially thought. This a great SUV. Can't wait to take it off-road without kids and wife ;)

ok
By traniman on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Hard to read overhead info center