2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Solid A- for Touareg
By Rugsmart on 11/11/04 10:07 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

There's no question that the biggest problem with this vehicle is feul economy. Otherwise, it's a perfect blend of power, luxury and utility with the V8. I did have to get the trunk mounted CD changer, due to the lack of an in-dash changer (which is a sin considering that 15K cars have in-dash changers now), but considering that I now have 7 discs to choose from (including the single disc in-dash player) it's not such a bad situation. The in-dash player does sometimes have trouble reading burned CD's. Ride quality is excellent in this vehicle, as is noise suppression. One fault is the transmission gearing. 6th gear turns at over 2500 rpm at highway speeds, decreasing fuel economy.

Lemon
By Holly Martel on 11/08/04 04:28 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've only owned the vehicle for 3 months and it's been in the shop for a total of 23 days now. The list is endless with all the problems. Nice to look at inside and outside when I'm actually able to drive it. Have hired a lawyer and it will be going back to the dealership...for good!

VW Touareg iis Awesome
By Mike Kaspar on 11/06/04 17:41 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Fun to drive Awesome car

Touareg
By Samuel Bekkers on 11/04/04 22:04 PM (PST)

Love the way it looks

V10 at 6000 miles
By cctdi on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The car went back to dealer two times; one time was the oil change, the other was to ask the question of the restrictor in the fuel tank neck. I haven't experienced any scary stuff that have been post on this review. Except the clock gain one minute a day and the dealer doesn't know how to fix it.

So far so good
By bostonbrian on 10/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

What can I say..yea the fuel economy..however as far as SUVs are concerned it should be a less important issue. Quality I had a simple recall to fix a rubber piece of somekind took about 45 mins to complete. Waiting for the snow to come to really put it through it's paces. Great emergency handleing in wet weather. The V6 has to work to carry the weight but does the job well enough. the S (sport) mode I feel makes a difference. I only wish that they would allow the United States market to receive manual transmissions. It was hard for me to choose between the BMW X5 and this VW. But I had a VW Jetta GLI 6 speed and loved it in the summer, not so happy with it in the winter..but this year....

Unhappy with my Touareg
By julesvw on 10/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have less than 1000 miles on this, and have had numerous problems. It's already had a CD player replaced, different warning lights come on, and stay on. It's had to be towed to the dealership because it wouldn't start. Overall I would NOT recommend this vehicle to anyone. I have always driven a Volkswagen, and this is my first unhappy experience. I am also very unhappy about my "default" settings in the computer of this vehicle. It keeps locking my doors at inappropraite times. The brakes are squishy, and the drive is erratic. It's also a bit sluggish even though it's a V8.

Tourag for people who diidn't buy this
By baskridgenj on 10/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is by far the best suv we have ever had (6 to date). It is elegant and the v8 delivers more than enough power. highly recommended. complaint is teh navigation system is not on par w/ bmw or lexus and the roof racks cause wind noise at high speeds (we removed teh racks, teh car looks better without them). But the car is awesome, great ride and teh interior can not be beat

Great SUV needs refinement
By Giminetti on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

A great all around performer. Good looks still turn heads, Impressive towing capacity, European sedan like ride, handling, and sound dampening. After looking for a solid vehicle that could tow my boat and be an every day driver, I couldn't find anything that came close.

Quality, Comfort and Looks
By aztrader on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I spent weeks going over Carlike SUV's and was debating between the VW, Volvo or Acura. The Volvo was too much money with the V-6 engine, but a very nice ride, the Acura had the power, but the interior felt cheap, but the VW, had the luxurious interior and loads of power with the V-8. My only complaint is the gas mileage. Very fun to drive.