Used 2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

Perfect blend
By SUVW

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought one of the first ever. I love the interior, the solidity, and aside from some minor problems, the ride.

By beatriz roldan

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Safe car, fun to drive, beautiful to look at, lousy on gas, strong response when needed, beautiful interior design

Favorite Features

Driving, interior design

Suggested Improvements

Gas usage,

A Drivers Vehicle
By Leon Rubinstein

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Bought for wife,in truth I wanted it. Drove older one last year and read of problems and waited til now. Drove it on dirt, thru sand, mud, high speed drift on dirt, on soaked grass covered with water,etc, salesman turned white, to me outstanding. Waited til now to buy.In younger days drove sport cars,Jags, was top driver in SCCA with a back door sponsorship and a factory built race car. Not a problem,wife and kids love it especially when it gets dark out and the dash light come on,all those colors. I dont care about gas mileage,am sure my wife will advise me about it. My daughter,17,now going to Univ.in upper NY State,we live in FL,I asked her if she wanted one of these after her first year.

Favorite Features

manual shifter

Suggested Improvements

As my wife is primary driver,none that she can think of. As for me, I would like to see some brighter colors, if so I might just buy another.

VW Hits a Homerun
By Jaime Mendez

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Not having owned an SUV before, I didn't know what to expect. Well, Volkswagen surpassed my expectations. This vehicle is a charmer inside and out. Everything about it feels sturdy, from the seats to the leather covered steering wheel. It has a smooth and quiet ride with very good visibility. This vehicle is a good value for your money.

Suggested Improvements

The one improvement that this vehicle needs is in its gas mileage. It's quite a disappointment for a V6 engine to give such poor gas mileage.

Can't go wrong
By Damian Ward

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle will do everything you ask of it onroad or offroad. Safe, reliable, and plenty quick between traffic lights. Stops really well. great vehicle for long road trips. SatNav system is last generation CD instead of DVD. Air suspension works like a dream. No complaints in 1st year of ownership. This vehicle is the full deal.

Favorite Features

V8 engine, Interior quality, air suspension

Suggested Improvements

Satnav system, rear legroom.