2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV Consumer Reviews 16

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
great vehichle
By ronald evans on 12/31/04 13:33 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

this a great fun to drive suv,the fetures this suv has are awsome,this car is made for a person that loves to drive,but bring your gas card,the fuel mileage is less than desirable for a vw

My nightmare with the touareg
By stephanie mahairas on 12/31/04 11:57 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My touareg had constant problems. Volkswagon of America did nothing to help us with this brand new automobile. We were stranded for weeks without our new vehicle. We requested a new one but that was in vain since VW of America never returned one of our calls. We thought we would love this car but had nothing but problems. Loud internally and externally!! The 18,000 rental was an easier ride.

what a great vehicle
By rahau on 12/29/04 13:59 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

this is an awesome vehicle... it has a smooth ride and plenty of space in the front seat.. the back seat needs a bit more space but not bad.... great for toting grandkids.....

GREAT IS THE ONLY WORD TO USE
By Sullymfmdoc on 12/28/04 23:10 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned a load of SUV's and this one is the best. Fun to drive, safe, although not greatest at the pump, this car will impress you as well as thrill you. Drive it to believe.

Happy in VA
By Dick M on 12/28/04 14:25 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love my Touareg! I've had it a little over a month, and it does everything as advertised. Whatever problems VW had in the first year seem to have been solved. The V8 is great - nice growl when pushed and strong acceleration. Fuel economy is what I expected - 13 around town, 17 on the highway. For the price of a base Porsche Cayenne S you can get this one loaded. Easy purchase decision.

just like the others
By debbe on 12/25/04 21:57 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

No different than any other vehicle. You pay for what you get and sometimes you get less than what you pay for.

Amazing truck
By tocoron on 12/21/04 14:37 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is truly an amazing vehicle. Rides like a car, pulls more than all full size SUVs and the design is nice.

Best every day car I have ever owned
By ron on 12/21/04 13:29 PM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 5 Jeeps since 1986, I like the size and looks of the Jeep but not the brakes or trips to the dealer for repairs. I have 4500 miles on my V-8 Touareg and love it. It is has all the power you would ever need, and is as much fun to drive as my Porsche 4-S. The build quiity is superior to the Jeep. The air suspension is a must. The Touareg V-8 comes standard with most everything unlike the Porsche SUV.. The only negative I have is the gas mileage and the way the rear seats fold down. If I drive sensibly I can get 14 in town and 18 on the freeway. On the road it handles like a sport car (air suspension) After a 400 mile trip my legs are not cramping up as they have in every other car I have owned.

From an A6 to a Touareg
By hunegnaw on 12/07/04 11:02 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have to admit, the wife and I stuggled with the idea of going from an A6 to a Touareg. To me, an SUV has always been the equivalent to owning a mini-van, but with a house and a dog (who destroyed the backseat of our A6 - - he didn't know any better), we decided to give an SUV a try. After looking at all of the options we decided to give the Touareg a try and aside from the HORRIBLE fuel economy, we've been quite impressed. Great looking, comfortable, head-turning, and a spot for Mickey (the dog) to hang out without worry.

Love My Touareg
By Donald Tretler on 12/07/04 08:33 AM (PST)

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My Touareg is a terrific looker, bold, strong, bright and Colorado Red. Not a day goes by that someone doesn't remark about how sharp she looks. She is comfortable, solid and well built. The ride is great, she handles well, just hugs the road. Visibility is good. So far she has been great in snow and I drive from NH to FL with less fatigue. The sound system is quite good, everything works and I have not had anything go wrong. I love my Touareg!!