Used 2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV Consumer Reviews - 196 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

I love this car
By gary

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

You have one? I'll buy it.
By jp

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

2012 was a good car (my son's car with 120,000) he still drives it. My 2005 with 72,000 miles IS great.That's from personal experience.
Comfortable ,solid, feeling safe in it.Comfortable seats and plenty of room.
Lock the differential and you can go anywhere.

What a great ride!
By Mrs. Stacey Branger

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a terrific SUV. Yes, its a gas hog, but the power, control, and creature comforts out weigh that particular negative.
I bought this to haul my elderly handicap parents, and their scooters around town. We all love the smooth ride, AC, and
Its turning capability. Its easy to climb in and out of, and we find that even though we do not plan on having more than three adults at a time, we are all happy with the space provided inside. Check timing belt, and tires. Expensive to replace.

Repairs - Often and Expensive
By 1st_andlast_vw

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Like previous posts I would not recommed this car to anyone unless they like paying for rental cars and expensive repairs. Just had my drive shaft replaced at 76,000 miles for $1,300. (Tip: search the web for shops that sell re-manufactured shafts for $450 to $350).
At 52,000 miles the internal speaker in the instrument cluster went out, the VW repair is to replace the instrument cluster, the part alone is $1,000.
It does handle nice in the snow but its a gas guzzler and tires (expensive ones) seem to last only about 30,000...we're due for our 3rd set at 76,000 miles.
Also need a slew of special tools to repair if your a do it yourself person. Very noisy, due to wind, with the window open

handles nice in the snow. Nice interior.

Make it cheaper to maintain.

Piece of CRAP car
By lesbeck

2005 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I would not recommend this car to anyone who is not a millionaire with money to burn and likes to have their car in the shop at least once a month. We bought this car brand new, zero miles on it and had to bring it into the shop within the first month. It was all downhill from there. Every mechanical piece on the car was replaced under warranty (which we extended to five years immediately) except for the motor, which I am sure would run forever while all the other peices of the car fall off all over the road. Sadly, I had to buy a back-up car so I had something reliable to go to work in and had to carry a battery for the key in my purse, because you never knew when the car would not unlock.

I LIKED that the leather seats were so comfortable that on long trips, I felt better getting out of the car than when I got in it at the start of the trip. I LOVED the deep blue color. I liked the body style of this model. I liked that when I pressed on the gas, that it would turn heads

Lower the price. A crappy car that needs so much money in maintenance and repair should not be priced so high. How about fixing the transmission so it actually WORKS with the V8 that is in it.