What an Expensive Piece of Junk!!!!!
By growlingbadger on
2004 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)
2004 Touareg with under 60K miles. I have never had a better maintained vehicle because it's in the shop at least once a month! And expensive!!!!??? A key - $75, key with remote - $150. Headlamp replacement is an annual event. They don't last very long and require a mechanic to install and even Factory techs hate replacing them! Cost - $150. It also has issues that the dealers keep blowing off. This is just the cheap stuff! It's a good day when I can get it out of the shop for under $500. I'm on a first name basis with the wrecker driver the dealer uses.
Favorite Features
This wonderful car to drive, whrn it's not in the shop. Maintenance and reliabity issues offset any favorite features. I
Suggested Improvements
Volkswagen means the people's car. It's a high tech, high performance vehicle that's riddled with electronic and mechanical problems. Combine that with outragously over priced parts with poor durability. The people's car? More like the People's NIghtmare! Suggested Improvements? Buy something else.
By feehub
on 12/27/11 17:59 PM (PST)

I just purchased a 2004 Touareg in the DC metro area. Did you recently sell your vehicle? If so, I hope I didnt get your problems.