2004 Volkswagen Touareg 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 2004 Volkswagen Touareg is $

2004 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

V6 4dr SUV (3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg is $ out-of-control
By rollinfickensc on

2004 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased thinking I bought a $60000 car with 60000 miles. It should hold up till 100000 miles. Not even close. I had $4580.60 of repairs in 10 months. Plus the gas milage was about 10 mpg in town and about 15 mpg on the highway. I would never recommend a VW to anyone and would do my best to discourage anyone from buying one. Absolutely the worst car I have ever owned in my 55 years of driving. Replacing anything costs a fortune.

Favorite Features

The Ride...
By scrwedbyvw
on 06/29/12 15:07 PM (PDT)

Have a 2004 with 120K miles on it, becoming a money pit fast. VW dealers will screw you hard on repairs, find good mechanic, buy parts aftermarket whenever possible. Do not buy high mileage Touareg. Differential going out, drive shaft/prop just replaced, 1 cooling fan dead, both fuel pumps dying, headligh just went out, didn't pass smog because battery dying ($500 to replace due to fu(ked up german engineering putting under driver seat, requiring door and seat be removed to replace), let's see what else, oh yes one intake manifold plastic piece broke, failed smog, couldnt buy part, had to buy a bunch of stuff with part in it, $400 and needed two of them. VW is into screwing their customers for parts, and screwing us hard. Fu(kingbroken, thanks VW.