2004 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Review: Least Reliable Car I ever owne

2004 Volkswagen Touareg - Consumer Review

Least Reliable Car I ever owned
By Mike M on

2004 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI AWD 4dr SUV (4.9L 10cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

I bought this car used just over a year ago. I've had almost 20K in repairs in that time. I found out afterwards that 2004 was the first year of the touareg and the V10. It is loaded with all sorts of problems. Mine has been in the shop 3 months of the first year. Do a web search before buying one. When it does work its the best car I've owned, so if its a second car that you don't have to use daily then buy it. We need it for towing and its ruined quit a few weekends buy either stranding us somewhere or having to cancel because it was in the shop again.

Its got every tow known to man. Air suspension for load leveling when towing and adjustable ride height. Heated front and rear seats, parking sensors front and rear. V10 gets great mileage and will pull anything.

Build a more reliable vehicle. Why do I have to change the fuel filter every 20,000 miles at a cost of $250.00. Oil changes that cost $190.00 are crazy also. Turbos keep giving out. Also use a better design for the carrier bearing for the drive shaft, a rubber bushing breaks too easy.