Amazing!
By Curtman54 on
2004 Volkswagen Touareg V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
I purchased (leased) my Toureg in 2004; we are a Volkswagen family. You'll note from my ratings that the car is a performer, fast, solid as a rock, beautifully designed interior and handles like a sports car. It is a beast in New England's torrid winter weather. This is when the car is not at the dealership taking advantage of a very good warranty. I have been to the dealer so many times for so many things that I am totally disgusted and infuriated by Volkswagen's lack of shame. The common reply to my frustrations is: "Well, it's under warranty." I do not recommend this car. It is unfortunate because it could have really been my dream. Instead, it has been a constant nightmare.
Favorite Features
Ride, handling, speed and power, interior design with the exception of the fold down seats.
Suggested Improvements
The fold down rear seats are awkward to operate; the seat guards under the headrest tend to break when you fold the seats down, which subsequently caused my seat to rip. Car should have been tested over 100k prior to its release and NOT released until the bugs were corrected.