After 1 year with a used 2004 Touareg
By Turtle on
2004 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI AWD 4dr SUV (4.9L 10cyl Turbodiesel 6A)
Absolutely a blast of a car to own. Fun to drive under any conditions. This car/truck has done anything I've asked of it (off or on road). It hauls my gear and dog anywhere. While the interior has a few faults, it's close in design and quality to my Audi and that's saying a lot. Yes it's expensive to maintain; like any German car I've owned. But there are a lot of resources out there to find deals and support from other owners. If you're buying a used Touareg buy the best extended warranty you can find. My repairs have been consistent with a 5 year old car but I'm protected to some extent with a warranty. So in sum the most flexible car I've ever owned and an utter pleasure to drive.
Favorite Features
The beast of an engine. The V10TDI is a classic. Air-ride suspension, when I feel like it I can get a sedan-like feel by dropping into sport mode and off-road setting can get me extra height when needed. Keyless entry, heated seats, predictable handling, solid feel, towing ability, great breaking.
Suggested Improvements
Weight-loss program, more mod options. I think they fixed a lot of my other nit-picks (cracked wood paneling, button coating) with Touareg 2.
By sanfoja
on 04/03/13 13:22 PM (PDT)

Turtle, Do you still own this vehicle?? Do you have any negatives to add??