2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV Consumer Reviews 8

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

2004 Volkswagen Touareg V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Fine Car So Far
By Bob A. on 11/04/06 15:25 PM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Touareg used in June of 2006 from a reliable dealership that sold this car new. The previous owner had issues with the radio, which was replaced, tires (the dealer replaced them with top line Michelins prior to buying) and a leaking tail light. Since June, the only issue has been the tire pressure sensors, which go off frequently when the weather turns cold. Re-store and its fine again. I have heard nothing but complaints about this car and have yet to be disappointed by it. It has plenty of pick up from the V6 engine, smooth shifting through the gears, and I have averaged 18.7 MPG on for 4,000 miles. I heard VIN#'s over 60,000, have fewer problems as they fixed many issues by then. Mine VIN is 63,500 (last numbers).

Don't Buy a Touareg!
By Natalie on 10/30/06 08:22 AM (PST)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car has been nothing but trouble. It is entirely too sensitive and there is a red or yellow warning light on constantly whether it be for the tires, temperature gauge, EPS system, etc... For the money you should expect and get a lot better quality than VW offers in the Touareg. I feel like I own a Hyundai! The Touareg is the WORST vehicle that I've ever owned. I'm on my way to the dealer again. I'm there about every other month getting something fixed. What an inconvenience! I can't wait for this lease to be over!

Poor Tire Performer
By unhappy on 10/18/06 08:17 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have been disappointed with my vehicle since I purchased it. The tire sensor is on regularly, even after numerous repairs. The tires wear quickly and are expensive. Rotating every three months is a most. The interior wears poorly also. The door panels, garage opener panel have rubbed off from use. The wood look panels have cracked. Not a good buy.

Good Ride. Interior Quality is So So
By emc2 on 09/18/06 16:35 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've enjoyed my Touareg for 2.5 years. So far it will give you a good ride, it has a good engine with German performance. I like the modern design which remains good looking today compared to other SUVs that I see on the street. Cons: some small details like the A/C buttons and mirror controller have worn off. Yet, they were replaced at no cost. The gas consumption is huge. I spend around $140 per month with an annual mileage of a bit less than 10,000 miles.

Love-Hate Relationship
By Red-T on 09/16/06 14:30 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love driving my Touareg. I especially like its ability to effortlessly tow my 5,500 lb. horse trailer. And it doesn't seem to mind 89 octane gas instead of the recommended premium. But the computer system has a mind of it's own, the original tires lasted only 19,000 miles, the interior trim is falling apart, and the dealer experience has been terrible. Oh, I should also mention that a simple oil change will set you back about about $120 since it requires synthetic oil, and lots of it.

"Awesome SUV"
By Chris on 09/02/06 17:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a preowned 2004 Touareg V6, about two months ago and it is AWESOME! I have never had an SUV that rides, drives, or handles as well as the Touareg. Its overall fit and finish is exceptional and all the gadgets are great. I am pleased with the V6 engine and the fuel economy I have received so far. I can't wait for the snow this winter to try it out.

2004 Volkswagen Touareg
By Dan Gonzalez on 08/19/06 08:27 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I experienced two problems immediately I after purchased my Touareg, the alternator blew out in the first 30 days and within first 90 days the computer chip operating the on board dash systems had to be replaced (I had a constant flat tire warning on the dash board system). My truck has had no problems since then. I am happy with this vehicle except for its poor gas mileage with the V6 engine (14 mpg city / barely 18 mpg highway).

This SUV Rocks
By Paul Davis on 08/17/06 19:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Volkswagen Touareg is better than the SUVs being sold by other luxury automakers, including Infiniti, Lexus, etc.

Best I've Ever Had....
By 858792 on 08/17/06 19:17 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This SUV incredible. Basically, this vehicle is OVER-engineerd and UNDER-priced.

VW's Sure Footed Vault
By Two VWs on 08/11/06 21:51 PM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After test driving all (except VW) major SUVs with safety, AWD/4x4 drive, and towing capacity in mind, the Toyota Sequoia barely met our needs. Just before the dealership, we passed the VW Touareg's all in a row. After crawling over one inside and out, and driving two blocks, she/we said, "I want this one!". The Tour-pig, as I fondly call it, tows more than other SUVs (two trips with 3,500 lb. trailer - tows great), has neat gadgets (I still haven't figured out all the gizmos), is rated highly in safety, has the best workmanship interior of all (love them hard German seats!). The traction on snow/ice is tremendous - rock solid. In short, we (mostly) love it! We own 3 Volvos and 2 VWs.