2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
perfect for anything
By miron on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

i 've compared this car to MDX, X5, RX 330, GX 470, FX 45 and XC 90. There was one single category where vw was underperforming . As you expected it is 14-18 mpg. In any other aspect Touareg is equal or better than the best of above cars. i,m thankful to folks from vw for eliminatig 99% of reasons not to have an suv

WOW
By WOW on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Touareg for about a week; V6, Premium Pkg., and Xenon Lights, and am totaly amazed. I had a deposit on an Infinity FX35, and pulled it after driving the Touareg. The inerior is extermely high quality and comfortable. The detail that VW put in this monster is to be commended. After you get past the $38,000. for a WV, and decide to take one for a test ride, you will love it. Despite some other comments that I have read, as long as reliability does not become an issue (I can't rate reliability yet, since I've only had it a week), VW will definitly be a contender with this one.

the best vehicle ever
By ni on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Wonderful car is all i have to say

X5 and ML beater
By 32teeth on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After 1000 miles, the Treg is just awesome. Quick, quiet, comfortable, and much better overall than the X5 we had for 3 years. Am thrilled with the v8's power. No need for the air suspension. Xenons are bright. Was going to get a Landcruiser for 60 large, but for 42 Gs, this has all we need. Look out BMW and Benz. You must test drive it to understand how good this ride is!

2004 Touareg
By Ray W. on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After only a week---very quiet,comfortable ride. Superb interior appointments with extensive convience and comfort features. Power adequate, 6 speed auto is smooth. On the highway 2800 rpm=80mph. Basic sound system is of high quality and A/C is excellent. Reliability evaluation is only a guess since my car is brand new and the model has no history.

Went for oil changer left w/Touareg
By Seth Nissenbaum on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I went to get an oil change for my 2002 Saab 9-5 wagon and I left with a 04 Touareg V6. As much as I love the Saab there was something about the Touareg that I could not keep my eyes off of. So while the Saab was getting its lube I test drove a Touareg V6 and was amazed at the capabilty of the vehicle. As an owner of a 98 Audi A6 I have loved VW/Audi simplistic apporach to design. The interior noise is next to nothing at 70 mph on horrible Ohio roads. I have not figured out the navigation system as of yet and I am sure it is something I do not need, but for the Touareg's price when compared to other premium SUVs it is a steal. I recommend it to EVERYONE

VW Toureg - all it's cracked up to be?
By VW Lover on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Overall, this is a nice vehicle. However, with all the hyp, I don't think it lived up to expectations. I was torn between this and an FX45 and decided to go with the VW. I think I made the wrong choice. That being said, this still is a nice car to drive.

Touareg tidbits
By sanman on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought vehicle, so no long term experience yet. Very nice ride quality and exceptional handling. Handles turns and road curves as much 'sport-car- like' as a SUV based vehicle could. If 'fun factor', smooth drive and handling are impotant to you; with good comfort, sportyness at a competitive price then look at this product. We also own an Acura MDX and both are exceptional i would favor the VW.

Lives up to the reviews
By Popogigi on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I had been waiting for it ever since car & driver rated it so high...it is all that and more

Best Luxury SUV on the road!!!
By Carlos Sosa on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

No words can describe this baby... VW really did it this time.