2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
The new hottness
By Chregan on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've experienced a dream in this baby. It was like the smoothest car I've ever ridden in. It's comfort and hottness majkes it the best car ever at an affordable price.

Best SUV in the Market
By Pasoa2000 on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The VW Touareg has to be the best SUV in the market. The navigation is excellent, the on road handling on par with the X5, and the offroad handling comparable to the Range Rover. Interior fit and finish is awesome.

Great SUV!
By Seadude on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The Touareg handles exceptionally well - feels very solid and is actually a fun SUV to drive (a close 2nd to the FX35). Although this V6 model/options priced out at $39k (a lot for a VW), the features and build quality make it seem like a bargain.

dissappointed
By blues on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Not yet set up to service car.Mine was delivered with faulty a/c and still not fixed for sure.Sub par in town handling.sloppy acceleration from stop or low speeds.

Highly recommended for $
By MWVW on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

As someone who has been researching and test driving potential replacements for my 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee for years, I am very happy I found the Touareg. With air suspension, V-8, premium sound, navigation and more, this car is everything I had hoped for in an SUV. It handles very nicely on the road, is very responsive when it needs to be, very comfortable, great in corners and extremely capable off road.

Touareg
By spsmyk on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased a Toureg approximately 1 month ago and love it. No problems to date after 600 miles and continue to enjoy every minute in it. Pros: Interior Fantastic Love the exterior Perfect size Love that German Engineering - feels so solid Cons: Nav System a disappointment

What a great car!
By Ben S H on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Great interiar, little engine noise, great build quality. WELL DONE VW!

WOW
By TIM on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

BEST SUV FOR THE MONEY,BEAUTIFUL AND SMOOTH V8 I LOVE THE INTERIOR

The Best SUV I've Ever Driven
By iloveit on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The V8 Touareg is the best SUV I've ever driven. The trip computer is in color!! Everything is right where you need it. I love the NAV and upgraded stereo. My salesman actually took me OFF ROAD and showed me the different features it has (hill descent, locking differential, air suspension) It can do anything a Rover can do for 25000 less!

A new Era for VW.
By A1t-egg on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I stopped in the VW house just after the release of the T-egg just for curiosity. Frankly I did not expect much from a 4x4 VW. I was floored. It was love at first sight. The exterior lines are nicer than the Porsche and with the plush leather seats, real wood inlays and the brushed metal trim, It is on par with Cayanne's interior. This vehicle is loaded with cool features (I'm a gadget guy): This is the most I've enjoyed a new vehicle in many many years. More than my Land- Cruiser, LX470 and Navigator.