2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
where is my TDi?
By wobisobi on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Rally nice SUV with far more to it that one would expect. Most people will not ever be able to fully use this SUV. Here at Edmunds it is labled as an AWD when in fact it is a 4WD. AWD doesn't have a high-low transfer case.

I love it!
By hartmanT-reg on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This thing is great! I love the interior lay-out as much as the exterior! The engine is strong yet silky smooth. The black leather IS smooth and very comfortable and supportive. No problems so far and i dont expect anything to go wrong! I LOVE IT!

Great V8
By doompatrol on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I can't wait to play with this in the winter.

this beast is really something
By ossme on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

simply the best midsize luxury SUV in the market

Keeps on Amazing
By Ss28 on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is one great SUV. Great on road feel with the air suspension, tons of adjustability and versatility and nice pick up from the v8. the interior is very elegant with nicely appointed leather. Wood trim is not bad and the guages are beautiful. ONly complaint is the stock sound system. I have no problem with the gas mileage as I anticipated it to be bad before I bought. Back seat space isnt great but I mainly keep the seats folded for hauling my dogs.

Great replacement for my van
By NCLL on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Wanted to get away from my van but didn't want to go to a hugh SUV. Touareg was the perfect niche. Got the Air suspension system and Naviational set up. Extremly solid in hard turns (no roll or slop)and lots of pickup and go. Very quiet and smooth shifting. Comfort is very good Plenty roomy and no confined feeling Also my "Homelink" system would not work with my garage door opener. My previous van had the "Homelink" also and it worked perfectly.

What a Truck!
By jannette on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is by far the greatest SUV on the market. Customer service is wonderful too!

Luxury in a VW?
By Krisko on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

With the touareg, VW has arrived. The touareg is the only suv I've owned that I look forward to driving. For the money, it's superior to the X5, ML430, RX330, GX470. I have the V8 model and it has great performance and sound from the exhaust. It's every bit as luxurious as my Audi A8. The future looks bright for VW.

2004 Touareg V8
By ikephil on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After ten days of driving, this vehicle is amazing. Combines sports car cornering and acceleration, luxury car goodies, and off-road brute force.

The new hottness
By Chregan on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've experienced a dream in this baby. It was like the smoothest car I've ever ridden in. It's comfort and hottness majkes it the best car ever at an affordable price.