2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
VW HITS A HOMERUN
By mikeYYY on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

THIS VEHICLE IS THE BEST ONE THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED.IT IS FUN TO DRIVE AND IT HAS PLENTY OF POWER.THE ONLY THING THAT VW SCREWED UP WAS WITH THE NAME.

Best Value for Money
By carnut on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I shopped them all FX35 and 45 ,ML500 too old a design, BMW 4.4 doesn't compare, the only one in the same league was the Land Rover Range Rover at 75 large. For 33k less I've got an equally good on and off road car. Gas mileage is about as I expected am averaging 16 mpg. but I wanted the grunt of the big V8 and I loveit. By the way it runs well on regular. Its a great car and my hats oiff to VW for creating it. It fills a huge void in the SUV fdield, fit finish and build quality are as good as it gets. It drives and handles great as well, and off road its in a league of its own. Can't say enough good things about it.

Fun to drive
By Lars Pedersen on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a strong entry into the SUV segment for VW. I have my concerns about the long term quality considering the amount and complexity of the deployed electronics. Very fun to drive. Previously owned BMW X5 and the VW beats it in appeal both on-road and off-road

Worthy of consideration
By Dldean on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

There is more to this vehicle than it first seems. I have actually taken it offroad on the old Barlow Trail over Mt. Hood! If not for the support by the folks at the dealer, the little niggley things would drive you crazy, things like missing manuals, wrong size wheel center medallions, and a broken carbon canister for the emissions control system. None the less this is the best, the most fun, the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned.

Great buy
By Neo1 on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I totally loved this new design. I think it was about time VW made an SUV.

a new gem
By keiththrasher on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

my only disapointment is that they dont make a diesel version.

ss
By Shibamcancan on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is amazing. I can't say anything further I guess you have to test drive it your self to appreciate the technology and safety feature that is touareg posses .. oh and wait a V10 twin turbo diesel version will come to the us as well ... all I can say is Watch out BMW,Merc,GMC,Ford, and any- other far distant competitor out there which I have not mentioned. Ciao ciao.

Awe-inspiring SUV
By aj0684 on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It's an absolutely gorgeous SUV inside and out. If you love VWs and desire an SUV like my wife and I, this is it. We lease an XC90 also and this rides better. Can't wait for the snow here in MI.

The Touareg-fantastic car
By sides on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car IS all that it is cracked up to be. The drive is excellent and and so is the luxurious inside. The GPS is great and really comes in handy. It is a a fantastic car due to its versatility. It is a fantastic luxury SUV as well as an excellent offroad car (I've taken it offroad). The car has a very smooth drive and a lot of power. 310 horse! When you shift it into Sport mode (S) it really can fly. I think this car beats the FX's and the RX330 due to its versatility and price. You get a lot more for the money. The major downside of this car is the fuel efficiency.

top thanks to the new Diese engine
By Rusty56 on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

with a V10 Diesel enginge this SUV is fantastic.