2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Fun to drive
By Lars Pedersen on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is a strong entry into the SUV segment for VW. I have my concerns about the long term quality considering the amount and complexity of the deployed electronics. Very fun to drive. Previously owned BMW X5 and the VW beats it in appeal both on-road and off-road

Worthy of consideration
By Dldean on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

There is more to this vehicle than it first seems. I have actually taken it offroad on the old Barlow Trail over Mt. Hood! If not for the support by the folks at the dealer, the little niggley things would drive you crazy, things like missing manuals, wrong size wheel center medallions, and a broken carbon canister for the emissions control system. None the less this is the best, the most fun, the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned.

a new gem
By keiththrasher on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

my only disapointment is that they dont make a diesel version.

Great buy
By Neo1 on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I totally loved this new design. I think it was about time VW made an SUV.

ss
By Shibamcancan on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is amazing. I can't say anything further I guess you have to test drive it your self to appreciate the technology and safety feature that is touareg posses .. oh and wait a V10 twin turbo diesel version will come to the us as well ... all I can say is Watch out BMW,Merc,GMC,Ford, and any- other far distant competitor out there which I have not mentioned. Ciao ciao.

The Touareg-fantastic car
By sides on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car IS all that it is cracked up to be. The drive is excellent and and so is the luxurious inside. The GPS is great and really comes in handy. It is a a fantastic car due to its versatility. It is a fantastic luxury SUV as well as an excellent offroad car (I've taken it offroad). The car has a very smooth drive and a lot of power. 310 horse! When you shift it into Sport mode (S) it really can fly. I think this car beats the FX's and the RX330 due to its versatility and price. You get a lot more for the money. The major downside of this car is the fuel efficiency.

Awe-inspiring SUV
By aj0684 on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

It's an absolutely gorgeous SUV inside and out. If you love VWs and desire an SUV like my wife and I, this is it. We lease an XC90 also and this rides better. Can't wait for the snow here in MI.

top thanks to the new Diese engine
By Rusty56 on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

with a V10 Diesel enginge this SUV is fantastic.

Nice ride
By VWLOVER on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I think this is onw of the best SUV's ever made i like the ride confort of it i think i get all i want and need from an SUV

great vehicle
By jamie on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Hnadles well, love the performance. Girls love this vehicle. i love this vehicle. And the fuel isn't bad for the type of car it is!