2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
The best of everything
By cragger on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love my Touareg. It handles as well as my Audi S4 and has much more utility. The build quality is impeccable and there really isn't an SUV that rides better. Of course the off road capabilities are amazing, but I'll never use them. I think it's really overengineered, but it works. Dealership is great and has taken care of me thus far.

AWESOME
By LARRY on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED

Go for it.
By Machilles on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car has grown on me everyday that I've had it for the first week. Even with just the base model v6, it's more vehicle than you could ask for. Quite the nice ride... inside and out! VW has put its mark on this one.

It's better than I thought it would be
By Janekis on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've just had it for a couple weeks, and love it.

SUV for me - never - until this one
By c5lover on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Not much to say - just drive one and you're hooked. Very smooth, very luxurious, very quiet. Love the styling, too.

Perfection
By DeltaC on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Perfection on and offroad, very sophisticated technology and attention in every small detail, excellent comfort (air suspension) and safety standards, impressive ride and beautiful design, easily the best high- end 4X4 till today. Makers tried their very best here... Range Rovers and MLs beware.

MOST AWESOME SUV EVER OWNED
By VW4EVER on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

A TRUE JOY TO DRIVE. MY WIFE AND I WERE LOOKING AT THE BMW AND MERCEDES AND DECIDED TO DRIVE THE TOUAREG FIRST AND WE ARE GLAD. IT OUTPERFOMS OUR CURRENT ML AND WE ARE VERY HAPPY. BEST SUV WE HAVE EVER OWNED AND THIS IS #6. VW HIT A HOMERUN WITH THIS VEHICLE....

2004 Touareg V8 - With Premium Plus Pkg
By Happy Owner in IL on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Based on 3 wk ownership. Driven Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, Acura, & Lexus, and this auto surpasses them all. Most impressive styling and ride. Quiet & funct. cabin. Well appointed interior & user friendly nav sys w/detailed mapping. Given wt of the vehicle, acceleration impressive & smooth. Optional continuous dampening control system works in conj w/ 4 corner adj air susp to give this SUV very impressive cornering. Long list of standard features & w/ PP Pkg. Would strongly suggest you look at this vehicle before you purchase from the competiton. Glad glad I did. Pricing in line with the others. IS a SERIOUS contender in the LUXURY SUV cat.

VW HITS A HOMERUN
By mikeYYY on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

THIS VEHICLE IS THE BEST ONE THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED.IT IS FUN TO DRIVE AND IT HAS PLENTY OF POWER.THE ONLY THING THAT VW SCREWED UP WAS WITH THE NAME.

Best Value for Money
By carnut on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I shopped them all FX35 and 45 ,ML500 too old a design, BMW 4.4 doesn't compare, the only one in the same league was the Land Rover Range Rover at 75 large. For 33k less I've got an equally good on and off road car. Gas mileage is about as I expected am averaging 16 mpg. but I wanted the grunt of the big V8 and I loveit. By the way it runs well on regular. Its a great car and my hats oiff to VW for creating it. It fills a huge void in the SUV fdield, fit finish and build quality are as good as it gets. It drives and handles great as well, and off road its in a league of its own. Can't say enough good things about it.