2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV Consumer Reviews 53

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:
Torture
By Barnacle Bill on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

A gorgeous SUV promising lots but one major problem. The armrests in the forward doors chafe the arms of anybody over five foot eleven. Really, really annoying and stopped the buying right there and then.

Volkswagen's First Audi
By Braden on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I currently own an Audi A6 and need to buy a SUV that was over 6000lbs (GVW) for my business so I can take the Bush tax write-off. My Audi dealer tried to persuade me to go with the Porsche Cayenne, but I didn't like the interior. The Porche's interior is awful, nothing like the Touareg which is nicer than my A6. I also looked at the BWW X5, but it was too small, and pricey once you load it up with the V8. I struggled with paying 48K for a VW, but this SUV is nearly perfect, it's like driving an Audi (car). The build quality is impecible, the ride is much smoother than the Porsche and the cabin is very quiet. The safety features are great.

Still breaking it in...
By JiggyJoe Johanus on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We've had this 'truck' for just a week. We traded in our W8 Passat for a bit more vehicle and a bit more payment; my wife has had her heart set on an SUV for some time and I finally succumbed to her wishes for once. She loves it, I like it. It's roomier, nicer, and feels much more luxurious. We got the base V8 with an upgraded stereo system, bi-xenon lights and the winter package. Thus far we've only put about 400 miles on it, and no off- roading, but that's coming soon.

The best of everything
By cragger on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I love my Touareg. It handles as well as my Audi S4 and has much more utility. The build quality is impeccable and there really isn't an SUV that rides better. Of course the off road capabilities are amazing, but I'll never use them. I think it's really overengineered, but it works. Dealership is great and has taken care of me thus far.

Go for it.
By Machilles on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car has grown on me everyday that I've had it for the first week. Even with just the base model v6, it's more vehicle than you could ask for. Quite the nice ride... inside and out! VW has put its mark on this one.

AWESOME
By LARRY on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

BEST VEHICLE I HAVE EVER OWNED

It's better than I thought it would be
By Janekis on 08/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I've just had it for a couple weeks, and love it.

SUV for me - never - until this one
By c5lover on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Not much to say - just drive one and you're hooked. Very smooth, very luxurious, very quiet. Love the styling, too.

Perfection
By DeltaC on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V6 AWD 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Perfection on and offroad, very sophisticated technology and attention in every small detail, excellent comfort (air suspension) and safety standards, impressive ride and beautiful design, easily the best high- end 4X4 till today. Makers tried their very best here... Range Rovers and MLs beware.

MOST AWESOME SUV EVER OWNED
By VW4EVER on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volkswagen Touareg SUV V8 AWD 4dr SUV (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

A TRUE JOY TO DRIVE. MY WIFE AND I WERE LOOKING AT THE BMW AND MERCEDES AND DECIDED TO DRIVE THE TOUAREG FIRST AND WE ARE GLAD. IT OUTPERFOMS OUR CURRENT ML AND WE ARE VERY HAPPY. BEST SUV WE HAVE EVER OWNED AND THIS IS #6. VW HIT A HOMERUN WITH THIS VEHICLE....