2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 Consumer Review: Touareg Nightmare...

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 - Consumer Review

VR6 FSI 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Touareg Nightmare...
By jv91 on

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I first fell in love with the Touareg 2 as soon as I saw it on the street. I decided to buy this vehicle, very happy with the price I paid not to mention the 0% financing I was able to secure. That's where my happiness fades however. This truck has been an electrical nightmare spending more time in the shop then any other car I've ever owned. If its not my interior lights flickering, its the constant battery and electrical issues. Currently, the front parking lights are both broken and I ask myself, how can a BRAND NEW car that is only one year old already have lights and fuses breaking? Just shows the quality of the materials used in the car. However when the car isn't broken it's awesome.

-Great handling for such a heavy vehicle. -Standard 4WD -Easy to use navigation unit.

Get the electrical issues fixed Volkswagen!! I'm not the only Touareg owner who suffers from these issues. Not to mention, I paid $40k+ and at that price I expect Xenon headlights and bluetooth phone compatibility to be standard.