Used 2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Touareg 2 model:

It just got better
By Bob

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2007 touareg and loved it, the 2009's came out and I told my self I had to have it, its far superior then the 07, same engine and tranny but they made to many internal changes to list , the tranny feels better, I got it with the 19" tire package and a major ride difference to the better, I wish they gave you a 6cd player but a car for my wife and myself its the safest vehicle I've owned, I'm a retired police officer and this one is outstanding with its crash and roll over results. Gunther volkswagen treats you with what ever you are driving as a king, no rattles nothing about this car or my previous one, Outstanding Vehicle

Toureg Nightmare
By candybar90291

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Well I thought I'd learn from my 1st. 2006 Toureg nightmare but, since the good people @ VW gave me a new vehicle I thought I would be in the clear. Guess not. I've had this one with all new problems & like before it's seems I have become good friends with the mechanics and service dept. It's almost comical to think that I'm in the same situation as before and still not enjoying my new vehicle. I can tell you this with all the rental vehicles I have been given it's made me realize what the word "Quality" really means. The Toureg simply does not have this standard.

Favorite Features

Exhaust pipes straight instead of curved.

Suggested Improvements

Tinted side mirrors like older models.

Touareg Nightmare...
By jv91

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I first fell in love with the Touareg 2 as soon as I saw it on the street. I decided to buy this vehicle, very happy with the price I paid not to mention the 0% financing I was able to secure. That's where my happiness fades however. This truck has been an electrical nightmare spending more time in the shop then any other car I've ever owned. If its not my interior lights flickering, its the constant battery and electrical issues. Currently, the front parking lights are both broken and I ask myself, how can a BRAND NEW car that is only one year old already have lights and fuses breaking? Just shows the quality of the materials used in the car. However when the car isn't broken it's awesome.

Favorite Features

-Great handling for such a heavy vehicle. -Standard 4WD -Easy to use navigation unit.

Suggested Improvements

Get the electrical issues fixed Volkswagen!! I'm not the only Touareg owner who suffers from these issues. Not to mention, I paid $40k+ and at that price I expect Xenon headlights and bluetooth phone compatibility to be standard.

the best SUV
By Charlestongrl

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best suv I have ever driven. Looks sporty and sophisticated. I get compliments where ever I drive. This car is the best handling suv I have ever driven and the engine has plenty of get up and go when I Punch the gas. The heavy weight of the vehicle gives you a better handling feeling. I wish the gas mileage was better. And the back seats are hard to fold down.

Favorite Features

the handling and overall ride is far superior to BMW.

Suggested Improvements

The price is a little on the high side. poor gas mileage

2009 Touareg
By DHVWDRIVER

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I found a new 2009 Touareg on a dealer's lot and think I got a great price. Very happy after three weeks ownership, but have the phantom theft alarm problem, that I have read is a bad ground wire on the alarm system the dealer should fix.

Favorite Features

Head room (I am 6 foot 4). Good sized cabin. Nice ride and sporty handling. Off road capability.

Suggested Improvements

The mileage. Who thought to put the battery in an inaccessible under the driver seat location anyway? Side trim materials that would protect against door dings. I think the chrome may have a problem from the factory.