Used 2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Touareg 2 model:

2008 Touareg 2 Lux model CPO best car I have owned
By Joseph Braun

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In 2012, I purchased my 2008 model Touareg "2" at 4 years old, under 50k miles, as a VW Certified Pre-owned vehicle (2008 model is a Touareg with 200+ parts updated and a front facelift). It has turned out to be the best car I've ever owned, and now at about 8 years old and over 90K miles, I've not had any issues with this SUV, other than front break system calipers sticking at one point, which the dealer replaced on extended warrenty on a normal every 10K miles maintenance. I use the car daily for travel to and from work, and put more miles on it than I would like to have, but it has proven itself a reliable trooper daily, including we take it occasionally on several hundred mile out-of-state trips and back successfully. I can understand a few others purchasing a few vehicles with other issues, but my own experience with it has been nothing short of great. And I find that usually, only the people with problems tend to post, not so many with good things to say. Prior to that I owned a VW Jetta for over ten years, and it was also a trooper on the road, reliable and all for over 200K miles.

2009 Touareg
By DHVWDRIVER

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I found a new 2009 Touareg on a dealer's lot and think I got a great price. Very happy after three weeks ownership, but have the phantom theft alarm problem, that I have read is a bad ground wire on the alarm system the dealer should fix.

Head room (I am 6 foot 4). Good sized cabin. Nice ride and sporty handling. Off road capability.

The mileage. Who thought to put the battery in an inaccessible under the driver seat location anyway? Side trim materials that would protect against door dings. I think the chrome may have a problem from the factory.

Touareg Nightmare...
By jv91

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I first fell in love with the Touareg 2 as soon as I saw it on the street. I decided to buy this vehicle, very happy with the price I paid not to mention the 0% financing I was able to secure. That's where my happiness fades however. This truck has been an electrical nightmare spending more time in the shop then any other car I've ever owned. If its not my interior lights flickering, its the constant battery and electrical issues. Currently, the front parking lights are both broken and I ask myself, how can a BRAND NEW car that is only one year old already have lights and fuses breaking? Just shows the quality of the materials used in the car. However when the car isn't broken it's awesome.

-Great handling for such a heavy vehicle. -Standard 4WD -Easy to use navigation unit.

Get the electrical issues fixed Volkswagen!! I'm not the only Touareg owner who suffers from these issues. Not to mention, I paid $40k+ and at that price I expect Xenon headlights and bluetooth phone compatibility to be standard.

Toureg Nightmare
By candybar90291

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Well I thought I'd learn from my 1st. 2006 Toureg nightmare but, since the good people @ VW gave me a new vehicle I thought I would be in the clear. Guess not. I've had this one with all new problems & like before it's seems I have become good friends with the mechanics and service dept. It's almost comical to think that I'm in the same situation as before and still not enjoying my new vehicle. I can tell you this with all the rental vehicles I have been given it's made me realize what the word "Quality" really means. The Toureg simply does not have this standard.

Exhaust pipes straight instead of curved.

Tinted side mirrors like older models.

the best SUV
By Charlestongrl

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best suv I have ever driven. Looks sporty and sophisticated. I get compliments where ever I drive. This car is the best handling suv I have ever driven and the engine has plenty of get up and go when I Punch the gas. The heavy weight of the vehicle gives you a better handling feeling. I wish the gas mileage was better. And the back seats are hard to fold down.

the handling and overall ride is far superior to BMW.

The price is a little on the high side. poor gas mileage