2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg 2 model:
Big Mistake
By chefron on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 V6 TDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

Drivers beware! I had a 2008 Touareg 2 and decided to go for the 2009 Touareg TDI. My TDI has less than 10,000 miles and can't make it out of the shop. The Touareg has been towed twice and driven 3 additional times back to the dealer for the same problem "no power" Nobody has a clue what is wrong with the VW Touareg TDI. I have had VW America make promise dates that just go by.Thank God Kentucky has a lemon law. My new 2009 TDI Touareg was not road worthy. The exhaust was so hot it melted the plastic bumper as well. Be sure to replace the metal washer with every oil change. The car was dripping so much oil it was towed back to the dealer. My pearl white TDI has faded to "lemon" yellow.

2009 Touareg
By DHVWDRIVER on 05/15/10 19:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I found a new 2009 Touareg on a dealer's lot and think I got a great price. Very happy after three weeks ownership, but have the phantom theft alarm problem, that I have read is a bad ground wire on the alarm system the dealer should fix.

Touareg Nightmare...
By jv91 on 03/09/10 12:58 PM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I first fell in love with the Touareg 2 as soon as I saw it on the street. I decided to buy this vehicle, very happy with the price I paid not to mention the 0% financing I was able to secure. That's where my happiness fades however. This truck has been an electrical nightmare spending more time in the shop then any other car I've ever owned. If its not my interior lights flickering, its the constant battery and electrical issues. Currently, the front parking lights are both broken and I ask myself, how can a BRAND NEW car that is only one year old already have lights and fuses breaking? Just shows the quality of the materials used in the car. However when the car isn't broken it's awesome.

TDI V-6 2009
By Riverman on 02/11/10 10:21 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 V6 TDI 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6A)

This is my second Touareg replacing a 2005 V-6 with a 2009 V-6 TDI after an incident with a adult beef cow. The solid durability, safety and handling features are critical for preventing personal injury in an emergency. The handling features of the Touareg makes for stress reduction when driving on ice and unplowed roads in remote rural areas. Clean diesel technology results in a quiet engine with excellent acceleration when needed. It also has much improved fuel economy over the V- 6 gasoline engine.

Toureg Nightmare
By candybar90291 on 12/22/09 11:41 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Well I thought I'd learn from my 1st. 2006 Toureg nightmare but, since the good people @ VW gave me a new vehicle I thought I would be in the clear. Guess not. I've had this one with all new problems & like before it's seems I have become good friends with the mechanics and service dept. It's almost comical to think that I'm in the same situation as before and still not enjoying my new vehicle. I can tell you this with all the rental vehicles I have been given it's made me realize what the word "Quality" really means. The Toureg simply does not have this standard.

the best SUV
By Charlestongrl on 12/11/09 11:31 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best suv I have ever driven. Looks sporty and sophisticated. I get compliments where ever I drive. This car is the best handling suv I have ever driven and the engine has plenty of get up and go when I Punch the gas. The heavy weight of the vehicle gives you a better handling feeling. I wish the gas mileage was better. And the back seats are hard to fold down.

VW Makes An Excellent SUV Fun To Drive
By tjnixon on 08/22/09 15:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Fun SUV to drive, like it better then the BMW X5, just has more room and the ride is just a nice.

Rock Solid Handling
By KK on 07/03/09 22:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The is my second VW Touareg and the build quality and handling remains as good as ever. I now have 20inch "Ayers Rock Wheels" and the car sticks to the road like a lizard even on sharp turns. The engine has a refined but throaty roar and the beauty of this car is that its comfortable on city roads as it is off road.

It just got better
By Bob on 03/07/09 08:49 AM (PST)

2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2007 touareg and loved it, the 2009's came out and I told my self I had to have it, its far superior then the 07, same engine and tranny but they made to many internal changes to list , the tranny feels better, I got it with the 19" tire package and a major ride difference to the better, I wish they gave you a 6cd player but a car for my wife and myself its the safest vehicle I've owned, I'm a retired police officer and this one is outstanding with its crash and roll over results. Gunther volkswagen treats you with what ever you are driving as a king, no rattles nothing about this car or my previous one, Outstanding Vehicle

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Volkswagen Touareg 2 in VA is:

$114 per month*