2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 Consumer Review: Fun "Mom" Car

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 - Consumer Review

VR6 FSI 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Fun "Mom" Car
By OnlyGerman4Me on

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I drove an Audi TT prior to purchasing my Touareg, but once I decided to start a family I knew it was time to say good-bye. Coming from such a fun, sporty car, not just any replacement would do. I wanted something attractive with great handling and good acceleration. I also wanted some FEATURES. My Touareg has not disappointed. Any time I need a little extra power, I just throw her into Sport and take off. Is she as fast as my TT? No, but I don't expect that out of a SUV. The dropoff is not as significant as what I experienced when I test drove the Audi Q7. 2 years in, I have had no problems with the car at all. I just take it in every 10K miles for scheduled maintenance.

Handles like a car. Good acceleration. Great standard features like moonroof, parking assistance, power lift gate, etc. I only added the lux package to get leather interior and heated seats to be satisfied.

Although I paid more for my Touareg than my previous Audi, the service I receive when I go in for maintenance does not compare. Your customers are spoiled to the "perks" of Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc. You have to spoil your Touareg customers - they paid for it! Oh, and gas mileage. It's poor.