2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg 2 model:
My T2 1 year review
By c thelen on 09/01/09 00:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV V8 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Had my t2 for about a year now. This is my first suv and I am very pleased so far. The car handles very well and the drive is very comfortable. My friends are impressed by the handeling and I love the interior design. I have the tan interior with dark Grey exterior. The car still looks and and drives like it just left the show room after about 12,000 miles. Also love the overal size and dimentions of the car. Love the width of the hood.

VW Touareg is a terrific vehicle
By HappyVWowner on 07/25/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove 10 SUV's Nissan, Cadillac, Lexus, Mercedes, Volvo, Buick,Honda, Acura,Infinity and then I went to Vw to take them off my list. I fell in love with the ride, the ammenities, the style, and over all performance and stopped at that point and purchased my Touareg. I have owned it for 6 months and I LOVE my Touareg. 73% of the parta are the same a s the Porsche Cayenne but the Touareg is less $$ I like it's style better. Never been happier with a vehicle. My last SUV was a Mercedes ML 350 and I hated that vehicle it was always in for repairs. I'm so impressed with VW I don't think I'll ever get anything other than a VW in the future.

Great SUV, most of the time!
By Jonathan on 07/13/09 12:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very fun to drive. This vehicle is rock solid! Love the safety features and excellent ride. Don't waste money on the V8, the V6 runs fantastic. Interior gadgets make trips even more enjoyable. Some bad: VW should put on much better tires than the Pirelli Scorpion. Road noise is completely unacceptable when the vehicle approaches the 20K mark. Watch for transmission problems. The first time it was a electrical sensor that prevented the car from upshifting from 1st. It took the dealer a week to figure that one out. The next was a rubber bushing on the drive shaft failed causing the car to vibrate extensively upon acceleration.

A Great One
By Y on 06/15/09 11:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the vehicle is great. Very well designed from inside to outside. VR6 gives enough power already, the handling is fine too. Performance is great in the snow. Feels very safe and comfortable when driving. The fuel economy is ok considering the huge weight. Might consider TDI if buying this year, though...

2008 VW Touareg
By Overland Park, KS on 05/08/09 10:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is the worst automobile I have leased. Numerous problems from squeaky seats, dragging & noisy windshield wipers, bend lighting goes out every 2 to 3 months, electronic problems with navigation, loud engine noise when accelerating to strange transmission problems when it rains has caused me to write this review. Each time problems are identified to the dealer, no problem is found or corrected. Or the problem is sporadic and I can not emulate it for the dealer. Who has the time to visit the dealer every one to two months?

One of The BEST
By Kazi Gaos on 01/16/09 09:50 AM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am owner of this car for five months and tell you the truth it is an amazing SUV. Car is strong, stylish and Awesome. When you are driving the car off road ... this is the car you want. Much more safer than the other suv's.

Not a luxury car
By Jeff VW on 01/02/09 19:15 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had owned two passats prior to this. Both were great. I thought I would get the same experience with the Touareg. Not exactly... I have not had any major failures. However, many cosmetic parts are not put together and have had to be repaired over the past year. The dealerships treats you the same whether your leasing a bug or treg. Not cool. Summit VW is great for service not for sales. You have to piece together a complete dealership. Either they service the low end and you get a good deal. Or, they service the high end..no price movement but excellent service.

My 5th VW
By Love this VW!! on 11/19/08 18:41 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a huge fan of VW. This is actually my 2nd touareg and my fifth VW. I owned an 04'also. My first had the four corner suspension which I miss terribly. So I would suggest that option for sure. I love the in and exterior. Its super comfortable. I considered the Audi q7 and the touareg is a better buy if your not obsessed with a name. I do have a few negatives. Its got a higher price tag than others in its category. I'm at 3100 miles and the back seat latches are squeaking which is driving me nuts. The power rear liftgate is great but I have come out to the car and the damn thing is wide open so watch the button on your key. Leatherette on a 40k is not acceptable! Leather should be standard.

We love our new Touareg!
By TTpilot on 11/10/08 20:12 PM (PST)

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV V8 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We were looking at the Nissan Murano and Lincoln MKX before picking up our Touareg at a staggering discount in October. (Basically, we got a brand-new loaded V8 Touareg for the price of a medium-level Murano AWD or MKX AWD.) The interior quality is first-rate, with high quality materials, and fit and finish that is really precise. The sound system produces very clear, crisp sound. The Touareg drives very comfortably and smoothly, and steers precisely. It's a vast improvement over the 1997 Chevy Tahoe we bought it to replace. The earlier Touaregs had a reputation for mediocre reliability, especially with the electrical system, so I'm hoping VW fixed the problems with this updated Touareg 2.

Amazing Treg
By Vorsprung on 10/07/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

An amazing ride. Pick up, even on the V6, is fast & amazingly smooth. The lines are beautiful yet beefy, seriously fat tires without upgrading to 18 or 19 inch wheels. The lux package is a must, lights that turn with the wheels, side headlamp spots that turn on when turning left or right. The interior is just like Emirate Airways, or Virgin Atlantic Upper Class. The double french stitching, ambient lighting, the texture of the leather dash, walnut and brushed metal trim, the stereo system, lumbar supported seats, deep window sills make driving a pleasure again. This is an utterly awesome car, you really have to test drive one to fully appreciate it, do it at night, you'll be truly blown away!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.