Used 2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 V8 FSI SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Touareg 2 model:

better than cayenne
By gtnoe

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV V8 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Puts a smile on my face everytime I get in it, especially at night. Sold a 2004 v8 cayenne loaded to buy this. Maybe the only vehicle available that has a center and rear differential and can operate in 22" of water. The key to this suv is, that like a Porsche, it has true dual air in and out. Quieter than cayenne and exterior looks better.

Favorite Features

Backlit dash, ability to change the ride height, the suspension, and the transmission to suit individual drivers desires. The white gold color with porsche techno 22" rims in hyper silver(precisely matches the vehicles trim)is a real peace of art.

My T2 1 year review
By c thelen

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV V8 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Had my t2 for about a year now. This is my first suv and I am very pleased so far. The car handles very well and the drive is very comfortable. My friends are impressed by the handeling and I love the interior design. I have the tan interior with dark Grey exterior. The car still looks and and drives like it just left the show room after about 12,000 miles. Also love the overal size and dimentions of the car. Love the width of the hood.

Favorite Features

sounds great. reminds me a little of my Audi S4 sports sedan. The air suspension is a must have. love the dynamic ride control. sport mode is really fun. I do allot of towning and the huge capacity is great. Love the interior design and the way the car lights up at night is just awesome :)

Suggested Improvements

Maybe better gas mileage. But im not willing to give up the v8 or sound of the engine, So without compromise Id say vw should make a lighter T2 in the future using more lightweight materials. Also maybe a slight more masculine front end would be nice.

We love our new Touareg!
By TTpilot

2008 Volkswagen Touareg 2 SUV V8 FSI 4dr SUV AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We were looking at the Nissan Murano and Lincoln MKX before picking up our Touareg at a staggering discount in October. (Basically, we got a brand-new loaded V8 Touareg for the price of a medium-level Murano AWD or MKX AWD.) The interior quality is first-rate, with high quality materials, and fit and finish that is really precise. The sound system produces very clear, crisp sound. The Touareg drives very comfortably and smoothly, and steers precisely. It's a vast improvement over the 1997 Chevy Tahoe we bought it to replace. The earlier Touaregs had a reputation for mediocre reliability, especially with the electrical system, so I'm hoping VW fixed the problems with this updated Touareg 2.

Favorite Features

Love the air suspension, heated seats, four-zone A/C control, the headlights that turn with the car. . . I could go on and on. We are still discovering great little options we didn't even realize it had when we bought it. Also, it manages to look rugged and elegant at the same time.

Suggested Improvements

Easy to complain about the Touareg's less-than- Prius-like fuel economy, but this IS a solid vehicle! (It gets slightly better fuel economy than our old 5.7L Tahoe, but produces 100 more horsepower!) It could really use Bluetooth as standard, and a simple 3.5 mm auxiliary input jack for the stereo.