Happy New Owner
By german_car_guy on
2014 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Appearance (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I bought my 2014 Tiguan SE only about 10 days ago but first impressions overall are favorable. The car feels much bigger on the inside while driving it than it does from the outside. It is quiet, smooth, has plenty of power, and handles well.
Favorite Features
Sporty handling. Quiet ride. Lots of headroom. Even though it's small there is lots of space. Rear seats that move forward and back. 4 Motion all wheel drive. So far I am averaging 26.4 mpg in mixed driving. The build quality and use of materials is a cut above any of the Japanese competition. You can feel how solid it is driving down the road.
Suggested Improvements
I am a nit picker so take all of this with a grain of salt. I love this car I am only judging it against what could be absolute perfection. 1. Don't like when making a call on Bluetooth the stereo screen reverts to phone and stays there even after the call is over. 2. The relationship between steering wheel, arm length, and leg length is odd. To get enough leg length room my arms are then stretched to maximum. Even with the steering wheel all the way out. This is uncomfortable. I am 6'3''. Maybe that's why? 3. Seat is too short. 4. Would prefer the DSG 7 speed transmission that they sell in Europe. The transmission downshifts, sometimes twice, on the slightest incline.