Feels very premium and is fun to drive
By lgt5 on
2014 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I bought a 2014 Tiguan SEL 4motion and it is the best car I have owned to date. I have owned other crossovers such as the Nissan Rogue and the Mazda CX-5 and they cannot compare to my Tiguan. The Tiguan's engine is really quiet and smooth and works really well with the transmission. I leave the car in sport mode most of the time and acceleration is quick. The new upgraded Fender stereo is amazing. One of my biggest issues with my Mazda CX-5 that I traded in for this car was the terrible stereo. This stereo is truly a premium stereo with perfect surround sound. The inside of the car has a very premium feel, the seats are very comfortable with excellent lumbar support.
Favorite Features
I love the stereo, the heated nozzles on the windshield wipers (no more iced up fluid that cannot come out) and the engine. Pick up is so quick and the engine is quiet and smooth at all speeds I have driven it at. The inside of the car feels so premium and is quiet. I don't notice any outside noise, just my awesome stereo. In contrast, my Mazda cx5 that I traded in for this car was very noisy and had an awful stereo. The seats are really comfortable and the lumbar support is excellent. I thought I would dislike the leatherette, but it has a really premium feel and feels like leather. The automatic 6 speed transmission is smooth and shifts very easily.
Suggested Improvements
I would like a better navigation system. The one that is in the car is quite basic. That would be the only thing I would change on this car.