There is a reason I named her Nyx...
By fieryimpassion on
2013 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I live in 4 seasons country and I have now converted to 4motion as a way of life. Driving to work everyday on poorly plowed roads allows me to do circles around other SUVs and I pushed my car hard to get to work on time and have yet to spin out. I am not a professional driver but I have driven a lot across the country many times and my car has yet to fail, sputter, or slight in any form of performance. She takes what gets thrown at her with a determined grin. The turbo-charged engine makes easy work of green lights and passing cars on the freeway. Mileage has been about 24/25mpg steadily and I have yet to have a major repair going on 1.5 years/ 11000+ miles. Miles are too easy.
Favorite Features
I used to drive along the freeway every day and with the panoramic sunroof I could watch airplanes land above me onto the airport. Nothing like it, especially in the heat of summer. Although 4motion is my favorite feature, the overall adaptability/utility of this car is what makes me proud. 4 adults fit beyond comfortably. As far as cargo space, I have fit a cubic yard worth of mulch bags in the rear area without a lack in braking or performance. Everything is done with thought, including the shape of the doors so that they scoop in on the outside which has help prevented many dings and scratches in parking lots with tight fits. Never let it be said that German Engineers slack.
Suggested Improvements
You get what you pay for and even though the lease payments I have make me cringe when due when I drive it I am reminded how every penny is wisely spent. If I am going to drive, I am going to have fun doing it, and I am going to be confident in my car's ability to keep me safe. While it would be nice if the diesel engine finally made its way to American shores in a Tiguan body to squeeze more mpg with equal torque, I will gladly pay more at the pump to avoid and out-navigate the slow and stupid and watch them gaze jealously at my vehicle as I pass them by.