2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
There is a reason I named her Nyx...
By fieryimpassion on 02/09/14 18:41 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I live in 4 seasons country and I have now converted to 4motion as a way of life. Driving to work everyday on poorly plowed roads allows me to do circles around other SUVs and I pushed my car hard to get to work on time and have yet to spin out. I am not a professional driver but I have driven a lot across the country many times and my car has yet to fail, sputter, or slight in any form of performance. She takes what gets thrown at her with a determined grin. The turbo-charged engine makes easy work of green lights and passing cars on the freeway. Mileage has been about 24/25mpg steadily and I have yet to have a major repair going on 1.5 years/ 11000+ miles. Miles are too easy.

Love this VW
By jas0903 on 11/27/13 02:43 AM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove everything from Kia to Mercedes before buying the Tiguan, and this was a stand out vehicle from them all. The solid build quality, quiet cabin and quick turbo engine sold me on this one. It has a "fun to drive" factor that most small suv's do not. There is plenty of cabin room even in the back seat which slides forward and back and/or lays flat for more cargo room. If it weren't for the height and extra room you would think you were driving a GTI. Very sporty, quick and fun! Overall thrilled with my purchase!

Best Volkswagen Yet
By erikn206 on 11/15/13 11:18 AM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my third and favorite Volkswagen. My first was a '95 Jetta, then a '07 4Motion Passat Wagon, and now this 2013 Tiguan. The interior is well laid out and comfy. The giant sunroof is just cool. This small crossover SUV has some trade-offs with my previous wagon. It's tallness makes it easier to maneuver in the city, but it's smallness means it doesn't feel as solid and smooth over the studded tire ruts on the freeway. After two longer highway trips I'm used to it and wouldn't go back. The transmission holds a low gear when you crest steep hills. It's a little noisy and strange at first, but works well to keep the car from accelerating rapidly at the crest of the hill.

Love The Tiguan
By roger8989 on 11/12/13 16:34 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Lots of power,Drives positive like a sports car,went on a trip using premium fuel 31mpg hiway Chilliwack Volkswagon(keith) gave me a great deal and there are quite a few other Tiguans around now so I assume others have had a great deal also! I talked to someone complaining about lugging but it is supposed to keep it in the highest gear possible to keep the RPM's down to save fuel (it is doing what it is supposed to do lol!)

2013 VW Tiguan
By lgpod on 07/24/13 19:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love my 2013 VW Tiguan S. It's build with quality, and great design on both the exterior and interior. With the manuel 6 speed transmission, the pick up and handling are excellent, which makes having to use premium gas much less painful. The engine is extremely quite and very responsive. Cargo room could be a bit more generous. Overall a great vehicle!

Great car!
By justanyguy on 07/13/13 10:27 AM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am a faithful VW driver, 4 vehicles over the last 13 years. You either love em or hate em! I buy Volkswagons for German styling, fit and finish, and enjoyable driving experience. They fit a pricing niche above Toyotas and Hondas and below Audi and BMW.The Tiguan is a typical example of a stylish, functional and truly enjoyable vehicle. Among the reasons to enjoy a Tiguan, is not being one of every ten cars on the road being a CRV or a Rav4.

Pretty to Look at - Not fun to drive
By gennac on 06/27/13 14:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The interior is very comfortable with great features. Performance lags -- down right awful on hot summer day w/AC on. Not only does it guzzle down a lot more gas - expensive premium gas I may add but it becomes erratic when idling or in traffic. Try taking your foot off the brake when in traffic with the ac on and watch your car lurch forward without giving it gas. Not to mention the sound it makes while your foot is on the brake while the engine sounds like a helicopter hovering overhead.

pricy/ fun/ some improvements
By besmooth on 06/08/13 21:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

upscale fit and finish fun to drive great acceleration transmission droning sounds test drive it for a while

My GTI's Big Brother
By npsgti on 01/09/13 23:23 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV w/Sunroof (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got the '13 Tiguan S w/panoramic sunroof & mat kit for my wife and we love this car. Small CUV that handles like a sport sedan with all tried and true German automotive attributes: sophisticated & understated interior and exterior styling, satisfying performance & handling and rock solid build. After driving both the S and SE, the S is already so well equipped incl. leather wrapped multi-function steering wheel, MFD display, bluetooth etc. that we couldn't justify the extra $5k or so for leatherette and lower profile tires. Great ride, great family car, excellent lease deals to be had.

Nice Car but Under Powered
By gregw01 on 01/07/13 10:26 AM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my 2013 Tiguan for 2 months now and the new car shine is wearing off. The car is under powered and lacks any pep. Conversely, to another reviewers comments about the weird shifting being improved. It must have been really bad in the past because my Tiguan really shifts weird, especially on hills. The Tiguan suffers from an issue in the 4Motion control in that it cannot distinguish between a steep hill and unsafe driving conditions. The car slows down dramatically taking away acceleration control up/down on steep hills. Not a car for the mountains!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Volkswagen Tiguan Suv in VA is:

$134 per month*