2012 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Very satisfied!

2012 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Review

Very satisfied!
By scootyroo on

2012 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I haven't owned a VW for some time, but after getting a fantastic deal on a new 2012 Tiguan (including 0% financing) and being blown away by its performance and quality, I turned around and bought a new GTI. As I had reviewed before purchasing the Tiguan, the statement "It's a GTI on steroids," is accurate. Get the base model, with the manual transmission, and you'll smile every time you think about it. We live in the mountains and still get on the throttle for fun, but we're getting 24 mpg in mixed driving. While I love the new GTI, I have to say that for an all-around family vehicle, you can't beat the Tiguan if it's the right size for you.

Favorite Features

Manual transmission for fun factor and control. The Tiguan has a surprisingly quiet interior with good quality. The build quality is solid and what you'd expect form a car made in Germany. And, in the rain and snow the front wheel drive version has proven very good, glad I didn't spend the extra money on AWD.