Transmission problems fixed
By tom365 on
2012 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Premium Navigation, Dynaudio (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Earlier I wrote a review for the 2012 Tuguan and severely criticized the transmission shift pattern. At the time it deserved the criticism but I am happy to report that VW has issued a software update to the Transmission Control Module. The update has fixed the problem. Hats off to VW for listening to its customers, acknowledging a problem and actually fixing it.
By jxenon
on 05/31/12 20:06 PM (PDT)

Ask your VW dealer about the following update: The Tech Bulletin number is: 1-12-13, the transaction number on the bulletin is 2029206. The description is of the bulletin is: Slight hesitation and or driving noise at low speeds in high gear

By twelvecrows
on 05/28/12 14:52 PM (PDT)

Can you tell us about the update? I've been looking for one but have only received one for my climate control.

By nlmlillysmom
on 07/17/12 16:28 PM (PDT)

I had this update done today (7/17/2012). In some respects, it is much better than before. It did not fix the problem 100%, but it is greatly improved. It no longer "lugs" at 20 and 30 MPH. It has a minor one at about 31 and 39. It is not nearly as bad as the previous though. I also noticed that it is a bit more "peppy" and responsive. It responds more like it is in sport mode (though sport mode is still more snappy). When I called my dealer (I bought the car on the 13th), and mentioned the above info, they hadn't heard of that update but researched it. They found it, and the service manager intends on completing the update with his own Tiguan.