17,000 miles on it and it could be a death trap
By duckmom on
2012 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Premium Navigation, Dynaudio, Rearview Camera (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
The first 17,000 miles were pretty easy, nothing out of the ordinary to report. Since then I have been in 4 times, once was 20,000 mile service. One time for broken media cord, one time for car stalling at low speeds and currently for an air vent on the passenger side being stuck on causing cold air to constantly flood the cabin, for stalling again at low speeds and failing to rev past 4000 rpm's, which creates a "stalling" effect on the car. This is not good when you are accelerating to get on the freeway, which is when it has happened twice to me. I am really bummed, up till recently I loved my Tiguan. Thinking I want to get rid of it before the warranty expires.
By bill95gl
on 02/14/13 18:28 PM (PST)

Yes, that is a potentially dangerous issue. However, I think VW has recently identified the stalling problem as due to faulty fuel pump control modules. Whenever you think the deal service department isn't taking your issues seriously, call VW customer care.