2012 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Review: Fun to Drive

2012 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Review

S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Fun to Drive
By gptiguan on

2012 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Living on a mountain, I needed a SUV with four wheel drive but didn't need a big vehicle. I test drove the gamut of small SUVs. The Tiguan was the right size and out performed most of the cars out there I looked at. The Tiguan is so much smoother over the bumps and quieter than my last car that it has really become a joy to drive. I like the firm but comfortable feel of the suspension and steering. Its a great car for traversing a mountain with its bends and curves. Once the turbo kicks in, the car has plenty of power and has lots of low-end torque. This gives it plenty of power to get up and down the hill. I understand now why people who own VWs love driving them now. They're fun!

Cornering lights, comfortable back seats, bluetooth, smooth acceleration, new front end. I actually like my leatherette seats. I debated getting them because my last car had real leather. I'm surprised how many people can't tell they are not leather unless I tell them. I get a lot of compliments from who have ridden in my Tiguan. I think they are surprised how upscale the VW feels compared with some other cars.

More cargo. Better 4motion availablility-had to order mine from Germany. Available roof-rack is noisy-will need to get deflector eventually.