Fantastic Upgrade from Manual Economy car
By nrg921 on
2012 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I was in need of something with more cargo space & towing capacity, but could still be an everyday commuter. I liked the control of manual transmission vehicle, and it was VERY hard to give that up. I found the Tiguan to have far superior handling, power, and responsiveness (when I compared to other CUVs) that I was willing to give up my manual . I still feel in control. It has the extra cargo space & towing I was looking for, fun and easy to drive on a daily basis, and the luxury interior I didn't know I wanted until I have & love it! With a good pair of winter tires, front wheel drive is all you need. Drives great in WI winters & MO ice storms!
Favorite Features
Panoramic sunroof, heated seats (although I would actually have prefered cloth for warm summer comfort), acceleration power, easy to park, driving feels like the small economy sporty-er cars I was use to. Great cross between utility and class. Easy to read & use dash displays.
Suggested Improvements
Cloth seats & manual transmission on the "upgraded" packages (aka, my same vehicle with cloth & stick). Not need premium gas.