2012 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Review: Brand new Tiguan already in th

2012 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Review

Brand new Tiguan already in the shop
By tiguanowner on

2012 Volkswagen Tiguan S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Already worried about my new Tiguan. After 800 miles of very gentle driving it started making a horrible metal clanking sound in the engine area. Dealing with 24-Hour VW Roadside assistance was also very disappointing. Thought 24 hour service meant that you get a tow within an hour of your call, but according to my experience it means you may not get a a tow for 24 hours. Took at least 3 phone calls over a 15 hour period to finally get a tow truck to my front door. Now car has to sit at the shop over the weekend because it got checked in too late on Thursday. Despite all of this I really love the car and hope the problem is minor. Will follow up with the diagnosis.
By tiguanowner
on 01/13/12 13:29 PM (PST)

Good news (I think) The scary sound was a rock stuck in between the wheel and the rotor. Luckily there was no damage to the rotor because I stopped driving it as soon as I heard the noise. Service department had to take off the wheel to remove the rock. The great part is that I got my car back much earlier than predicted. Very happy, although I still think the 24-hour VW Roadside assistance need to improve their reliability.