Used 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan LE SUV Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

2012 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

Great performance with a few trade-offs...
By Rich G

2012 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I LOVE this car's performance, when it's in Sport mode. However, regular drive mode shift way too early and the car feels slow and at times a little jerky. The brakes are responsive, but feel like they are grinding. Twice technicians confirmed there was nothing wrong, though. It beats the heck out of the Nissan Rogue I was driving, but this car is in the shop EVERY 3,000 miles on the dot because something is always breaking. Thank goodness it's covered under warranty, but that leads me to believe my out-of-pocket costs will be sky-high once the vehicle exits the warranty period. Just bought it in April (7 months ago)with only 25,000 miles on it, and it has had every window motor replaced, a couple of them twice, and the latest issue was the cooling fan died. The 40,000 mile service costs $650 just to have the car examined and the oil changed, so I will be scoping out other options.

Only 48 hours in, but awesome so far
By guymeister

2012 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just picked up my new 2012 LE model 2 days ago, so I haven't had a lot of experience with it and can't comment on its long term durability, but so far, it's been awesome.
It's much more car than I thought I was getting - very quick, yet with a very solid feel, quite fast (it feels much faster in 0 to 60 than the official times for it), it has more than enough conveniences, a lot of room, and it looks great.
And the gas mileage is good (roughly 24 round town, which I think is exactly what it's supposed to be).
I love it.

Looks, engine, seats, overall size.

Make it more obvious as to how to turn on and off the rear window washer.