Very Solid SUV
By HowieD on
2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Sunroof, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Previously owned cars, Audi A4, Acura TSX, Passat 3.6L 4Motion. The Tiguan is a very solid auto, fairly quiet for an SUV. It actually rides nicer than the 2006 Passat previously owned. Gas milage is running 26-27 on the highway, 90% highway miles so i can't comment on city mileage. The car is a little pricy compared to others in its class range but just knock on the doors of the others and you'll notice the difference in build quality. Tiguan gets the best crash ratings, very important to me. Substantial power for a 2.0L. I would recommend this car if you are in the market for a small SUV. The Bluetooth works very well. The nav is acceptable, and the Ipod connect is great.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth, Ipod connect. I also like the auto hold for hills here in PA. Fit and finish are excellent, typical German quality.
Suggested Improvements
Back up camera on the nav for the SE model. Tint the windows black instead of green. I miss the auto head light switch.