2011 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Review: Key design issues

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan - Consumer Review

SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Key design issues
By virginiaman on

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The panic button on the key is poorly placed and is liable to go off if anything else is in your pocket whihc might bump up against the red button. This is not a one time occurance for me, happening nine diffeent times in the first two months of ownership. I must carry the key in a separate pocket to avoid the chance of the alarm activating in my driveway when I am in my house. Mileage on this car is way below what the sticker advertised. My old Volvo S60 beats this by 150 miles for the same size tank. Interior is well appointed, but I find the bucket seats uncomfortable for long distance. I bought this to transport an aging parent. I would sell absent this consideration.

Key and seat redesign. Drivers seat is pitched too far back and cuts off circulation. Bucket seat sides are too stiff and makes long distance driving uncomfortable.
By thegrick
on 11/03/11 18:48 PM (PDT)

I have owned my Tiguan for 8 months and have never had an issue with the panic button. My keys are also kept in my pocket.