Best In Class!!
By robloe30 on
2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I normally read reviews, not write them but after noticing all the poor reviews the Tiguan has gotten lately I felt I owed the car some "REAL" opinions. We bought our Tiguan in May of 2011. I gotta admit, I thought it was just "OK" at first because after all it is my wifes car. We were replacing an 09 Honda Pilot EX-L because the Pilot was just too dang big. My wife wanted something smaller, and she seemed to always admire the VW. The Tuguan now has 6,200 miles on it and I couldn't be more impressed with the car! The engine is just absoultly amazing and a blast to drive. It seems like I found out soemthing new about the car everyday, truely amazing! just an absolute head-turner! Love it!!!!!
Favorite Features
The technology in the car is by far best in class. The car just oozzes quality when your behind the wheel, I can't believe this a Volkswagon! It feels more like I'm driving a Mercedes or BMW. I absolutly LOVE the Bluetooth iPod connect, you can just stream your music from your iPhone directly to the great sound system, how smart is that! The seats are very comfortable, the seats feel like they have 50 pounds of foam built into them. The streering on the car is very responsive, and the acceleration is far better than any other we test drove before buying the Tiguan. We love the quality of the interior, nothing inside the Tiguan feels or looks cheap. Real Aluminum inside the car looks amazing!
Suggested Improvements
Only a few complaints. The biggest one for my wife is the streering wheel. She is only 5 ft tall so she needs the streering wheel to adjust down more. She said it feels like it's too high and wont tilt down enough. I know it's sounds small but you do need to be completely comfortable while driving your own car I guess. The car does suck down fuel at a rate that could be better, but I think the turbo charged engine is causing us to put our foot into the peddle a little more than we should be. This I'm sure is the cause for the poor fuel mileage. The sheet metal they use to build this car I notice does dent easily, but for the sake of fuel mileage I know every car maker does this.