Used 2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:

This Car Rocks!!
By apl123

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Lease on my wife's Rav 4 was coming up so we finally decided on the Tiguan. I neve owned a VW and I have to say that this car to me and my wife is far superior in quality, fit and finish, acceleration, style, overall feel, than the Rav 4. Yes we did sacrifice some trunk space but kids are grown so it didn't matter. The passing power is like a 6 cylinder and really moves thanks to the Turbo and More importantly the 6 speed transmission which is not offered by most of the competition.We got the S 4 Motion and the Standard Equipment was more than Japanese cars offer,Blue tooth,aluminum wheels and privacy Glass to name a few. The interior is gorgeous!! My wife loves it, happy wife happy life

Aluminum wheels,Pirelli Scorpion tires,interior design and finish,acceleration,ride, stereo sound, adjustable center armrest, layout of controls, overall classy styling,German engineering,cup holders, Rear Hatch goes up unlike swing out of Rav 4, Great Lease incentives, Command of the road,handling is unreal!! High end materials ,I can go on forever I love it!!

It would be nice to have the audio controls on the steering wheel oin base model, i guess I want it all.

Love it
By stavrosk

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SEL 4Motion SUV AWD w/Prem Nav, Dynaudio (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have my white SEL now for 4 months with 4000miles. It is really excellent from every aspect. Friends and colleagues that have riden with me were amazed about the sunroof and the quality of the interior. It is really a high end SUV. Driving and handling is also amazing. Maybe a little bit delayed response on the gas until the turbo kicks in, but on the other hand I have not really tried to drive it with the stick on the S position. The only complain really is that I do not get anywhere near the promised consumption, usually average about 3mpg less than what is advertised for city and highway. Just wish VW would bring the turbo diesel in the US.

Sunroof, interior, phone bluetooth, ipod station, exterior, everything....

mpg

2011 VW Tiguan SE - Fits the big and tall!
By thegrick

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just leased my 2011 Tiguan SE last week after many months of deliberation. First off, I am 6'5", so that basically eliminates 40% of all cars right off the bat. The Tiguan has more than enough leg and head room for me, and someone can realistically fit behind me when my seat is all the way back. That puts the car at an A for driver and passenger comfort. Also, when you are in the Tiguan, you absolutely know that you are driving a European auto...the way it handles, the solid build quality all around, and the feel of complete control over the road. Overall, VW put a huge emphasis on attention to detail with this vehicle; every function is useful and well thought out. Great interior!

Bluetooth. I love being able to stream my music from my phone to my speakers wirelessly, and then having it automatically mute for an incoming phone call. The leatherette heated seats are extremely comfortable, the stock 8-speaker sound system is great, and the auto-stop feature is incredibly useful when I need to parallel park on the steep streets of San Francisco.

The one feature that wasn't included that I would love in my Tiguan is a One-key system as seen in the Volvo XC60.

best in class of small SUV's
By docbeaumont

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

my not so old explorer died suddenly and we had no option than getting a new car. contrary to their ad, fords escape was a bare bone for 400 lease, plus "some other"....rav 4 is nice but quite "wild" and my wife got scared to drive it...nice car if you are into something with bigger trunk. by chance we got to service our jetta and while waiting i have discussed with the sales person....again true as advertised, sam e as 3 years ago with our jetta. they matched toyota price of a car that is immensly more mature and settled. it is a joy to drive it and the satndard looks like an audi class....driving is unbelieveble, you can turn it almost on the spot, sprints into hwy fabulous. benchmark SUV

room, handling, fantastic quality of standard model, feels like a big SUV, great brakes, quality controls and audio, good seats y roomy in the back

suspension very firm for the bad detroit roads, makes the ride feel bumpy at times

Safest car you can buy
By Paul

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is actually the second Tiguan we've bought in 4 months. The first was totaled with a head on 45 mph crash with a vehicle twice its size. We survived because the crash cage is 3.9 times that of the federal safety standards according to the police officer. Hence when it came to a replacement, it was this, the Volvo XC60 (or if we could wait for it Saab 94X). We chose the Tiguan as its more fun to drive than the XC60, has a nice interior, and although the ride can be firm (along with the seats). It eats through the miles quickly. The interior is slightly different to the 2010 model. I prefer the old steering wheel controls and stick shift, but ipod/phone integration is a lot better.

Torque (thanks to the GTi engine in it), precise steering, visibility, great media center, interior that is close to that of an Audi, quietness, safety cage.

To me, some parts of the interior look like they have cheapened slightly since 2010, but that could just be my impression. A backup camera would be handy, along with a bigger trunk, which is the only weakness of the model. Still, for the day to day run to work and the daycare center, its fine.