2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiguan model:
Best In Class!!
By robloe30 on 02/23/12 23:20 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I normally read reviews, not write them but after noticing all the poor reviews the Tiguan has gotten lately I felt I owed the car some "REAL" opinions. We bought our Tiguan in May of 2011. I gotta admit, I thought it was just "OK" at first because after all it is my wifes car. We were replacing an 09 Honda Pilot EX-L because the Pilot was just too dang big. My wife wanted something smaller, and she seemed to always admire the VW. The Tuguan now has 6,200 miles on it and I couldn't be more impressed with the car! The engine is just absoultly amazing and a blast to drive. It seems like I found out soemthing new about the car everyday, truely amazing! just an absolute head-turner! Love it!!!!!

Key design issues
By virginiaman on 07/15/11 11:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The panic button on the key is poorly placed and is liable to go off if anything else is in your pocket whihc might bump up against the red button. This is not a one time occurance for me, happening nine diffeent times in the first two months of ownership. I must carry the key in a separate pocket to avoid the chance of the alarm activating in my driveway when I am in my house. Mileage on this car is way below what the sticker advertised. My old Volvo S60 beats this by 150 miles for the same size tank. Interior is well appointed, but I find the bucket seats uncomfortable for long distance. I bought this to transport an aging parent. I would sell absent this consideration.

2011 VW Tiguan SE - Fits the big and tall!
By thegrick on 03/23/11 22:46 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just leased my 2011 Tiguan SE last week after many months of deliberation. First off, I am 6'5", so that basically eliminates 40% of all cars right off the bat. The Tiguan has more than enough leg and head room for me, and someone can realistically fit behind me when my seat is all the way back. That puts the car at an A for driver and passenger comfort. Also, when you are in the Tiguan, you absolutely know that you are driving a European auto...the way it handles, the solid build quality all around, and the feel of complete control over the road. Overall, VW put a huge emphasis on attention to detail with this vehicle; every function is useful and well thought out. Great interior!

Safest car you can buy
By Paul on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is actually the second Tiguan we've bought in 4 months. The first was totaled with a head on 45 mph crash with a vehicle twice its size. We survived because the crash cage is 3.9 times that of the federal safety standards according to the police officer. Hence when it came to a replacement, it was this, the Volvo XC60 (or if we could wait for it Saab 94X). We chose the Tiguan as its more fun to drive than the XC60, has a nice interior, and although the ride can be firm (along with the seats). It eats through the miles quickly. The interior is slightly different to the 2010 model. I prefer the old steering wheel controls and stick shift, but ipod/phone integration is a lot better.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Tiguan Suv in VA is:

$107 per month*