2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Review: My Wife's Supercool Dunebuggy

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Review

My Wife's Supercool Dunebuggy
By semaj422000 on

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the Tig about a month ago for my wife. The only thing she knew she wanted was a SUV or a lux feeling car. I wanted good quality and a sub 30k price. The Tiguan met all of our criteria and then some. It's quite small, but we don't have kids so that wasn't a big deal. The interior aesthetic and material quality feel quite good and it comes standard w/ bluetooth and an easy to use touchscreen radio. Although more pricey than most of the comp, this feels and looks far superior inside and out. We get around 20 miles per gallon w/ mixed highway and city driving. Should be a little better IMO. Also, the partial power seat is really weird to me. It should either be full power or manual.

Looks sporty. Very lux interior for the price. The panoramic roof is incredible. Touchscreen audio display and bluetooth are the envy of all my friends.

Could use a little more interior space for taller driver/ passenger. More pep from a standstill. Better gas mileage or better acceleration. Should use regular gas. Temperature dial seems a bit cheesy when compared to the rest of the interior. Auto headlights should be standard.
By semaj422000
on 10/10/11 13:59 PM (PDT)

Updated 10.10.2011. Been in the shop 3 times at 2 dealerships in the last 4 months for a problem that no one at VW seems to be able to help with. Sometimes when coming to a stop or in between the lower gears, there is a clanging noise and you feel like something is loose. 1st dealership tried "realigning the suspension" and the 2nd one reprogrammed the tranny. Neither has made a difference. Also, the "leatherette" seats are starting to separate as well. Still love the look of the car, but sadly it's living up to VW's reputation. They can't fix it and I can't take a chance of a transmission failure so I will be trading it in before the warranty expires.