Luxury, Small, Sporty, Comfortable
By Happy Tiguan Owner on
2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I drove almost every SUV in this price range. VW did not have a competitive lease program until January 2010. It's not as quiet as an Equinox, but quieter than anything else I drove. The ride is sporty, with a tight suspension, very composed. The seats and arm rests are very comfortable. There is plenty of power. The Wolfsburg trim had everything I wanted. Very classy interior. It revs at a higher rpm on the highway than the Passat which has the same engine and trans. I guess that's why it gets worse mileage. Expect around 22 overall and 28 on a trip between fill ups. The 2.0 turbo diesel would be great in this suv. Make sure it has enough room for your cargo.
Favorite Features
Comfort, driving experience, touch screen radio, small size makes it very agile. Feels like lots of room inside for such a small car on the outside. Sport mode on transmission for zippy traffic situations or going downhill.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy (although three years free maintenance makes up for extra fuel cost). Like other VWs it can have a hesitation from a rolling start.