2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Review: Great Small SUV, But you Pay f

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV - Consumer Review

Great Small SUV, But you Pay for It!
By RayBoyG on

2010 Volkswagen Tiguan SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have only had our Tiguan a few weeks. My wife and I both love driving it. It has a high seating position, lots of headroom, and the full-length sunroof really makes it feel open. Acceleration with the turbo 4 is impressive. I found lots of small but pleasing features as I read through the owner's manual....rear seats adjust back and forth, front passenger seat will fold flat for long cargo, both front doors hold a quart bottle, etc. Lots of nice little features. Gas mileage could be better for a small 4-cyl. but it has more than enough pep. It is usually in front wheel drive....4WD only comes on with slippage...you can't manually turn it on. High end satellite radio is great.

Bluetooth connection to the radio works perfectly, although you must use the phone to place outgoing calls. Full sunroof with electric shade is a must have. Looks fresh and clean in white. Leather interior is well stitched and supportive. Not many hidden costs or dealer add-ons.

Price point is my only issue. We have almost every feature and it came in around $35K. Less than the Q5 and GLK, but more than most American and Japanese competition. Closest competitors are the new Volvo, Acura & Lexus small SUVs. This is a very good vehicle, and I'm happy with the purchase